Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julieleris1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Rabies shot side effects and homeopathy remedies
    My dog had a rabies shot 2 days ago after being quarantined for biting trying to protect me from someone coming over our fence into our yard. After the 10 day hold my baby has a runny nose, he ate his food then threw it up and it has a good amount of mucus in it. He's not as happy or playful like he normally is and he seems to have a cough. But what's worse is he has episodes where he is having difficulty breathing like gasping for air in a stenuous manner. I've read about homeopathy remedies helping, what are some of those remedies and what can I do to help my dog. I used my whole paycheck to bail him out of that horrible place that I feel is inhumane because they had my family member sleeping on acold concrete floor for 10 days when he is use to sleeping in our bed under the covers where he is safe and warm. I am so upset because he went through that feeling of abandonment. Also he has lost a lot of weight. He isn't very big at all and when I dropped him off he was very healthy and very well taken care of and now in 10 days he's skin and bones, you can see his ribs and it just makes me sick. Can anyone help me fix my baby? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 07:34 AM
    It sounds like he has a number of problems going at the same time so
    I am not sure if they are all related or separate.
    Does he have a cold from sleeping on the cement?
    Did they starve him or is his weight lose from his throwing up too much or what exactly is causing this problem?
    Could he have some allergy now?
    What is side effects from the rabies shot and what is due to the place and what is due to the way they treated him?

I think it would be best to get your dog's problem diagnosed first because it could be something that you need to get to the root of the problem.
    Giving him something for symptoms may not fix the root of the problem.

Also any natural herbal or holistic remedies you need to check if it is safe for your dog before considering it, not everything safe for humans is safe for pets.

I might be able to find you something if I have an idea if all these are related or separate but a diagnosis would be best.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Please take your dog to the vets. Heomopathic remedies won't help him right now. The vet can tell you what is wrong. This could be a serious problem or could be mild to medium. Please don't try to home medicate your dog if he has mucus in his vomit. He could have picked up something while he was quaranteened. Dogs don't catch colds like humans do from being on cement floors. Does not sound like a cold to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Puppies and rabies shot [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering when puppies need their first rabie shot? attitude84

Rabies shot reaction [ 2 Answers ]

My 12 lb Jack Russell became extremley lethargic and anxious for 2 days following a rabies booster,distemper booster, and kennel cough vacine(nasal). Would it be better to have these vacines on separate visits? Which one would most likely cause this reaction?

Depo Shot side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone else was having the same side effects as I am and if they have any answer for them. I quit the depo last November 2006 I was on it for almost three years it took me almost 2 months to start my period and I stayed on it for almost 2 months now I'm not starting at all :eek:

View more questions Search