Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momody Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Hair too dark
    I colored my hair with a medium ash brown hair color... I picked medium ash because my
    Hair had a red hue from the last time I colored it... Help... Do I use Prell or dishwashing
    Detergent or go to a professional... I just want it not so black... Help!!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 6, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hair colors that are darker than light brown will appear very dark on the hair at first, but it will fade and get lighter each time you shampoo your hair. Prell contains a high alkaline ingredient, which causes hair color to fade quickly. Dish detergents such as Dawn are also notorious for stripping hair color. When you wash your hair, leave the Prell shampoo on your hair for 30-45 minutes then rinse it with warm water. Be sure to use a deep conditioner afterwards to restore moisture in your hair. Your hair color will gradually fade if you wash your hair often.
    racheylou Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 04:25 AM
    This happened to me so I went to the hair dressers and got some high lights put through its still a tad on the orange but its not too bad I can live with it till I go back and get some more highlights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dark brown hair dye turned my hair red! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, well I wanted to dye my hair dark brown, and it came out a deep red, that was lighter red at the roots. I had it dyed to ash brown (my natural color) and if faded in about 3 days. So 2 weeks later my hair was red again so I got it dyed ash brown again. And after a few days it started fading,...

How to get dark hair color dye out of my hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me how to get dark brown hair color out of my hair. It is Nice and Easy and way too dark for my complexion. Any help would be much Appreciated. Thanks,

Hair Dye Trauma-Hair turned way too dark [ 5 Answers ]

I naturally have darkish brown hair that gets lighter in the summer, then I got highlights, and one time bleach was used. I decided I didn't want so much maintenance, so I decided to dye it back to my natural color. However, the color now is SO dark, and I hate it! I bought a clarifying shampoo and...

Fixing hair color on dark hair? [ 2 Answers ]

I have caramel and ash brown highlights on black hair and wanted to touch up the roots myself... unfortunately, when I used a box of medium ash brown hair dye, it made my roots look a little reddish brown (very slight on the reddish). I also covered too much so it looks like the top of my head is...

View more questions Search