Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greatkids Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Need ideas
    I cook for my family every night. It seems you just fall into a slump, you know what your family likes and it gets repeated a few times in the month. I'm just tired of the routine. Anyone have dinner ideas that want keep me in the kitchen long. My busiest time is between 3-6, with the kids getting home from school, getting homework done and trying to get dinner done in a timely fashion. Please help!
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 07:50 AM
    POTATO SKINS WITH CHEESE AND BACON

8 baking potatoes
    2 lbs. bacon
    1 lb. Cheddar cheese (shredded)

Bake potatoes until done. Cut in half and clean out majority of potato leaving skin and about 1/8 inch of potato. Fry bacon until crisp then crumble; set aside. Bake potato skins until crisp (turn them one to two times). Drain skins on paper towels. Fill skins with cheese. Top with bacon. These toppings can be varied - olives, tomatoes, salsa, chicken, ground beef, various cheeses. Broil until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and chives.

and CHICKEN AND MUSHROOM <--(optional) Crêpes

CREPES:

3/4 c. all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 tsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 c. milk
    1 tbsp. butter, melted
    1/4 tsp. vanilla
    1 egg

Lightly grease 7" or 8" skillet. Heat (over medium heat) until butter bubbles. Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons batter into pan for each crêpe. Cook both sides until golden brown, rotate pan so batter covers pan. Crêpes can be stacked between wax paper. Cover to keep moist.

FILLING:

1 c. milk
    1 c. chicken broth
    1/4 c. all-purpose flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1/4 c. butter
    2 c. cut up cooked chicken
    1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (optional)
    Optional diced celery, diced onion,

Mix milk, chicken broth, flour, salt, pepper and butter in 2 quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute. Stir in chicken and mushrooms which have been drained and chopped. Heat through. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in ungreased oblong pan, 13"x9"x2". Combine one can of cream of celery or mushroom soup with remaining chicken mixture and pour over crêpes. Bake until hot, 15 to 20 minutes.

Crêpes can be made ahead and kept in refrigerator up to 2 days. Wrap stacked, cooled, crêpes in aluminum foil. To reheat: Place wrapped stacks in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

On hot days I enjoy fruit salads, fruit crêpes,
    love_pup_321 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 08:13 PM
    When I go shopping I grab my cook books and look for a new recipe to try and then go shopping specifically for that recipe my family enjoys the different meal occasionally try that it will add a little spice to your cooking life. LOL
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
    I think there are many recipes for slow cooker -- throw stuff in morning --

Simmer all day -- enjoy for evening meal

recipes for slow cooker - Google Search

We used to have a soup and sandwitch night -- Some great sandwitches can be fast and easy

Our soup and sandwich night was Friday -- Kids had activities and this seemed like a good deal
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Speaking of crock pots, Tyson has come up with these AMAZING "dinner in a box" things. Tyson Foods: Product Center: Pork Roast Kit with Vegetables I'd swear by them. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Got any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a dance song, a pretty recent song I think also... would probably hear it in night clubs a lot and the radio maybe. All I remember from this song is a lot of ''na's'' Such as , na nananana na nananana.. could you please help me out?

Need ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody give me some ideas on classical conditioning (psyhology)? Thank you

Need some ideas [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's ex wife is getting remarried to his ex brother in law. Which was his sisters husband but she has since deceased from cancer. Anyhow, my husband say he is OK with them getting married. He has moved on with his life, I just feel that he really is not OK with it. Not only that the ex...

Any ideas? [ 21 Answers ]

OK guys, so I am just wondering on your opinions. OK, I had my period on the 11ths. Lasted 5-7 days. On sunday(the 28th) I had a small amount of bleeding. (just enough to get on my underwear. Thought I was started my period, and rushed home from church. Surprised me, because I had only had my...

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

View more questions Search