Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lesadoss3109 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2004, 11:10 AM
    Plain flour
    Could you tell me how to use plain flour in self-rising flour recipes?
    Tabasma Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Mar 19, 2004, 05:51 PM
    Plain flour
    Self raising flour has baking powder or bicarbonate of soda added to it. These 2 are raising agents.
    You can add one of these to plain flour and sift it together.
    dionwf Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2007, 01:50 AM
    You can try this proportion of 1/2 tsp. of baking powder to 100grams of flour. Baking soda would require some kind of acidic ingredient in the recipe to make it more effective
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lesadoss3109
    Could you tell me how to use plain flour in self-rising flour recipes?
    For each cup of all purpose flour add 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English Bero Flour [ 9 Answers ]

Hello I am living now in Florida and I do not seem to be able to bake with the four. Could you tell me where I could get Bero or English flour to make a Victoria sponge cake. I have tried to make them with American flour but they are not very good Thanks so much, any advice would be welcome...

Is it plain flour or self-raising? [ 15 Answers ]

I have some flour in a storage jar and I can't remember if it is plain or self-raising.! :confused: :confused: :confused: I seem to recall that there is some way of telling, like by mixing it with water and seeing if it bubbles, but... I tried that with some flour that is in a bag still, so I...

Plain Flour [ 3 Answers ]

In Australia, recipes either use plain flour or self raising flour. I wish to use an American recipe. May plain flour be used in place of 'all purpose flour'?

Converting plain flour to self raising [ 2 Answers ]

G'day, Just wondering if anyone out there knows the ratio of plain flour to raising agent to convert it to self rasing flour, :) taa whingypom

Plain view [ 7 Answers ]

If a cop sees a gun in a car in plain view and have surrounded the car for 4 hour do they need to get a warrant? Or when the defendant exits the club can the cops detain him and take his keys and just open the car door and take the gun?

View more questions Search