Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandalmullins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Who is the father?
    I am not sure when the first day of my period was, but it was somewhere between the 16th and the 21st of December. On January the 28 th I found out I was pregnant. I had sex with my husband the end of December and the first of January. I had sex with someone else on January the 9th. My husband and I never use any birth control. The other guy and I started to have sex for like 2 minutes and then he put a condom on. SO my question is who is likely to be the father?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalmullins
    ... who is likely to be the father?
    From first day of period plus 11 to 21 days is the window during which one normally can fall pregnant.
    16 + 11 to 21 = --> 27 dec to (37) 6 Jan
    21 + 11 to 21 = --> (32) 1 Jan to (42) 11 Jan
    So somewhere between 27 December and 11 January you fell pregnant.
    And therefore it is not to be said who the father is. Both can be!
    Your own husband is more likely to be the father, but also "the other guy" can be the father.
    The fact that he put on a condom "after 2 minutes" may save you from a lot of problems, but in no way is any guarantee that he is not the father. Some men can release semen very early by small pre-ejaculation before normal full ejaculation.
    To make fatherhood clear you need a DNA test , but that is normally only done after birth.
    You did not supply racial information. It may be possible to see that immediately at birth, if "the other guy" is of a different race than both you and your husband. So you better prepare your husband in that case.
    Alas !
    As always : if you require more info, please let me know. If this solves your problem, please rate the answer provided! Feed back is always appreciated!
    ;)
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Apr 5, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Typically, my guess would be your husbands. And although there is the possibility of becoming pregnant by either of the guys, pregancy is based more on sperm count.

As we learned in high school biology, when the male ejaculates (which is when semen leaves a male's penis), between 0.05 and 0.2 fluid ounces (1.5 to 6.0 milliliters) of semen is deposited into the vagina. Between 75 and 900 million sperm are in this small amount of semen, and they "swim" up from the vagina through the cervix and uterus to meet the egg in the fallopian tube.

The large majority of these sperm die. They die because of the unfriendly environment of the vagina, which is acidic, and because the mucus in the cervix above the vagina acts as a selective filter for the sperm. Only 1% of all the sperm released in an ejaculation successfully pass through the woman's vagina and cervix to reach the uterus (the womb). Even though, it takes only 1 sperm to fertilize the egg, the more sperm, the better your chance of becoming pregnant.

For example, when males suffer infertility, they are not able to conceive because not enough sperm is produced to successfully pass through the woman's vagina and cervix to reach the womb. Like wise, if a guy do not complete an entire ejaculation in you, chances are slim of sperm making it to the womb to be fertilized.

So, if the guy, other than your husband, did release semen it probably was not enough. In other words, which ever guy leaves the most semem, has the higher chance of being the father.

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support from unwilling father, uninvolved father [ 26 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant with my first child. The father is not involved. What rights does the baby have to collect child support from him? Is it ethical to force financial child support, when he does not want to be involved? Yet, he has said that he will provide support. He says that and then...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

Adoption from biological Father to Step Father [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: One of my employees has children by her now husband and former husband. Her present husband wants to adopt her two children from her former husband. The biological Father is willing to relinquish his rights. She wants to draw up the papers without an Attorney because of the cost. If...

How do I tell my soon to be baby father he may not be the father? [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my first daughters father were taking a break from each other and I got pregnant and I'm not too sure if he is the father of my new child or not and I have no idea how to tell him without breaking his heart...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search