Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 07:01 AM
    What is wrong with me?
    I hate putting my problems into the public domain, but here is somewhat anonymous. Anyhow, I have been to countless doctors the last three years in an attempt to pinpoint some medical symptoms I have.--Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety, Social Isolation, Smoking, Substance Abuse, Constant Fatigue, Tiredness, Non-committance, Neurosis, Fogged Thought, Renal/Urinal Irregularity/Difficulty, Irritability, Clanging, Word Puns, Pressured Speech, etc.

I know all of this seems a hallmark for some psychiatric disorder. I am diagnosed as Bipolar II and GAD. Medicines--I've tried several--have not at all helped. I'm beginning to believe it's more a physical condition. I have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), and take Synthroid for that. I've suspected Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Perhaps I just pathologize everything seemingly wrong with me. Anybody have a similar experience? Please share. Suggestions as to what you think may be wrong with me welcome. I've given up on doctors. Thanks.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 08:10 AM
    You most likely have some imbalances besides thyroid.
    You would have to get a specific diagnosis,
    Which I know of some alternative doctors in my area that specialize in diagnosing your problem when conventional doctors. Aren't able to.
    Do you eat healthy foods and no sugars, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, just for starters?
    You could need to detox but you need to find the point of the problem.
    Is it your thyroid, or your digestion, or..
    I could possibly give you some good ideas but you need to narrow down the root of the problem
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Hi Mike,

You are not alone that's for sure. Anxiety and Depression alone are powerful and can be dibilitating diseases and the more the meds don't work, the more you feel depressed.

I too have deprssion, but more anxiety then depression, still currently trying to get the right meds going.

First, you are right, you want to get a full blood work up and check everything out medically first, just to rule all of that out.

A thryoid problem can set off numerous other issues, such as depression, weight gain and such.

You want to get the best darn physciatrist in your area, who can focus on you discuss your situation and get the right medicine for you until all the systems act and react the way they should.

There is nothing wrong with you. It's no different then a diabetic, they need a doctors care and some need insulin injections.

It's a hard difficult course, because we all are made so differently and what works for one, may not for another.

Try and not despair. Fight to get better and never give up. Help is out there, it just takes finding the right doctor.

Believe me, I understand.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Basic things that work with whatever you have would include
    Good healthy food, no prepacked or fast foods,
    Cut out sweets, sugars, artificial sweeteners,
    Eat high fiber -whole grains, whole wheat.
    Use good fats/oils not the crisco/wesson type
    Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies.
    Eat organic yogurt (mix with fresh fruit for sweetness)
    Drink plenty of water (like spring not tap)

Take omega fatty acid and B complex in the morning.
    Take digestive enzymes when you eat.

Enzymes / Digestive Enzymes / Enzyme Supplements

Raw foods and enzymes

Douglas Labs: VEGETARIAN ENZYME*
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2008, 02:07 PM
    My only advice to you is to talk with your Physician or Pharmacist about all of the prescription drugs you are taking. Many of your symptoms appear to be a result of your current prescription drug. It is very important that you pay attention to the leaflet, included with every prescription. Seeking medical help, without making lifestyle modifications, may only further worsen your condition. It seems that you are affected by the prescription drug land slide, a common senerio. Briefly, let me illustrate how this occurs…

Let's say Donna goes to her Physician, for her annual checkup, and her Physician finds that her blood sugar levels are high. Instead of discontinuing eating breakfast with two or three cups of sugar-laden coffee, drinking sodas all day, snacking on candy bars and cookies in the evening, and having pudding or pie for dessert to control the problem her Physician tells her that she is prediabetic and prescribes an oral prescription to keep the problem in check. The drug Donna was is taking for her prediabetic condition gives her chronic indigestion, so she starts a H2 blocker, Tagamet, which reduces her stomach problem, but now her stomach acid is lower, to the point of non existence, so she is not digesting food and not getting nutrients from her food. The drug is also stressing her kidneys and it just so happen her estrogen level is low, now she starts getting urinary tract infections (UTI).

Pam in put on antibiotics for her UTI, but that lowers her immune system defense and kills helpful bacteria in her colon, so she gets a bad case of the flu that will not go away; and she has constant gas from her colon imbalance. She starts taking antihistamines for the chronic sinus infection she's developed and her Physician tell her to consider a hysterectomy to solve her UTI problem. She gets the hysterectomy and is put on synthetic hormones, which make her feel depressed and weepy, so her physician puts her on Prozac, an SSRI for depression. Do you see what I am saying?

After looking over your prescription drugs and you and your Physician determine which are side effects, I recommend that you live with the minor side effects, unless they become bothersome. If side effects of prescription drugs are overlooked, you could go on an endless mission downward south.

Hope this answers your question!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Mike - give this site a read and see if this is what is causing some or all of your problems from what you eat. It's MSG and it's in just about everything nowadays that you eat. Go through the site with a fine tooth comb and I'm sure you'll discover what you have been eating has been causing just about all of the problems you listed above.

Food For Thought

Hope this helps. It sure helped me figure out what was wrong with me.
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 06:00 PM
    I have problems with MSG and other preservatives too. People think I am crazy when I tell them they are part of the problem with people gaining weight and having health issues.
    MSG makes me weak and limp and almost paralyzed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wrong to be with him? [ 11 Answers ]

My sister broke up with this guy 3 years ago after leaving him for someone else. We are quite good friends and he's friends with the rest of my family and visits. Over a year ago my other sister told me he fancied me and he confirmed this. I do care for him and my family has given me their...

What's wrong with me [ 4 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for about 3.5 year just a year and a half ago, my other half cheated, I found out, and ever since we been trying to work it out. How can I work it out if he continues to call this person. The excuse he gives is we are just friends. Not according to the things I heard...

Am I wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

My relationship wit my boyfriend has been great but most of the times we argue. For stupid stuff We are going on two years and from the beginning I have told him I can be a jealous girl.. well I don't know but I get so jealous when he's wit his friends or I get mad when he's on his phone messaging...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search