Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigredfootball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 07:16 PM
    How do I find out who owns a piece of land?
    How do I find out who owns a piece of land?:)
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Usually the clerk's office for the city or county at your location maintains the tax maps. You simply ask. Many are now maintaining their info via a Geographic Information System (GIS) and have everything online. Google GIS and your county or city name. If they have it online, the information will be associated with the map parcel.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Usually the County Auditor's office will have this information. If you have the parcel number or exact street address you can get the owner's name. This info is sometimes available on the county's web site if they have one. If not, you can just call up the Auditor or Tax office and ask them. They will happily look it up for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find who owns this property [ 7 Answers ]

How do I find who ownes a piece of property? I am looking a lot that has been sitting thrie fir 30 years and can't find out who ownes it. If any body can help please let me know. Thanks Melvin

How can I find out who owns a vacant property [ 2 Answers ]

A house in our neighborhood has been vacant and neglected for over a year. Is there any way to find out who owns it without paying for website/search fees? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Trying to find land lord of the home next to us [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please give me some ides of where to look for the landlords number to the house next to me, I have tried to look in property appraisers in the county where we live, the name that comes up is not in the phone book, these people that moved in are underage, and there is all kinds of...

How do I find out who owns an apt. Complex? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is away at college, and her apt. was NOT ready at move in as promised. The Landlord is a real estate company handling the property. He has told me he is not the owner. How can I find the OWNER?

View more questions Search