Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hellosunshine Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 4, 2008, 05:07 PM
    I am trying something SAFE and organic
    I've been doing a lot of research on skin lightning products as well as reading this forum. I came to the conclusion that all products are shady and can be potentially dangerous in a couple of years. I've heard a lot of horror stories about products that have worked but overtime harmed the person's skin. I was very close to purchasing the Godiva skin cream because of it's natural licorice extract ingredient but I was still a bit iffy on some of the other ingredients. I can't believe the lengths some are willing to go including using products with mercury, cancer causing ingredients, and non-fda approved products.

So... what I will be doing is going the organic natural route. I just purchased 100 percent pure licorice extract (alcohol free). Licorice has a natural whitening power. I like this approach because I know that it's safe and what ingredients are in it. If any others are willing to ty this then all you have to do is.

-get pure licorice extract
    -get distilled water
    -get cotton balls

Dilute the licorice extract with distilled water and form a compress to put on the skin. Pour the solution onto a small cloth or cotton ball and apply the compress for 10 to 15 minutes at least twice per day. While there is no set dilution ratio for licorice extract, you may want to start with a solution that is 10 parts water to one part licorice extract to determine whether there are any side effects or skin irritations, and gently increase the concentration until you start to notice a lightening of the affected pigmentation.

You can use lemon juice with it to increase the potency and you see results quickly. I just got my extract so I'll tell you how it goes!!
    anveshadwivedi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 03:37 AM
    You are right and I also prefer solely to natural products. I had a wheatist skin colour but by using regular multani mittti face pack I really got results and it really helps me thanks to multanni mitti
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Where do yo get licorice extract from , I have been looking for it
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2008, 05:40 AM
    I guess to each its own, Ive tried this and it didn't work for me. Ive heard of this method
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Im going to try using licorice ; Im using the tea bags.
    Hellosunshine Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2008, 01:21 PM
    What's multanni mitti face pack anveshadwivedi?

By the way you can get a good quality licorice extract from amazon.com. They have really good organic product sellers. I prefer non-alcholic ones because I have really sensitive skin.

How do tea bags work?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 28, 2008, 12:37 AM
    Multani mitti is fullers earth. It comes as a powder and you mix it with a little water to form a paste then apply to the skin.
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organic fertilizer [ 2 Answers ]

Should this organic fertilizer be used every year or would it cause a build-up which would be too much? 4 parts seed meal 1 part bone meal 1/2 part kelp meal 1/2 part dolomitic Lime 1/2 part agricultural Thank you Jack

Organic chemist [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to complete my master degree in organic chemistry. After some time I will have to sit in interview.sometime I worry tell me that what kind of jobs I will face? What kind of questions may be asked in interview?

Organic shampoo's [ 1 Answers ]

Are they better to use that normal shampoos? I was considering getting some because my current frizz removing shampoo just dries my hair and makes it frizzier.

Organic Chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

Why does the hydrolysis of 2-iodobutane give a single optical isomer as organic product whereas the hydrolysis of 2-methyl-2-iodohexane gives a mixture of 2 optical isomers?

View more questions Search