Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pauliehussey85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Underwater welding
    Hi people! Can anyone help? I would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this? Please help!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliehussey85
    hi people!! can anyone help?? i would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this?? please help!!
    A quick Google turned up Specialty Welds in the UK and perhaps the Engineering Training Council of Northern Ireland could point you in the right direction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 05:22 PM
    First I would have to ask why, the beginning money is not all that great until much latter in the job, the hours are lousy and working conditions bad. Just wanting to add some more info on what you expect form the job also
    Sidnal Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
    The Underwater Centre in Fort William offers certification to become a commercial diver. Keep in mind that you must be a certified diver before you can become a wet-welder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Need answers for Underwater Welding! [ 7 Answers ]

Underwater Welding -Qualifications- *What type of a person do employers of this job normally hire? -Availability- *What type of orginizations employ this job title? Are these orginizations found in Minnisota, or whould I have to move? -Salary- *What does a person starting in this field earn?...

Underwater Welding schools [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best school to apply to if I wanted to explore underwater welding?

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search