Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Apr 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
    Do you think there is a god?
    My view on this subject is that there is a god, if you disagree then lets discuss what you think... the second question is if there is a God, who's God is the right God... and please don't say that everyone's god is the right one, because that statement is contradiction itself.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    do you think there is a god?
    No
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Humans have always wanted someone bigger than they are to blame, to thank, to ask for favors and help, to love, to look up to. Throughout the ages, that someone has usually been called God (or gods).

Is there a God? Yes, I believe there is Someone bigger than us, an inscrutable Mind, a Higher Power, a Great Mover and Doer.

Whose god is the right god? God is unknowable and indefinable. God doesn't belong to any particular religion, and can't be fenced off or put into a box or plugged into a certain set of circumstances. God is too big for that. All a religion does is define God for its own purposes and help people relate to and understand God.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I think that what people perceive as God is the power of human faith manifested in our lives.
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Apr 4, 2008, 07:27 PM
    my view on this subject is that there is a god,...the second question is if there is a God, whos God is the right God...
    Yes, I believe there is a God, and I believe that He is the only God.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many "gods" and many "lords"), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:53 PM
    I do believe in Our Heavenly Father. I also, believe, that those who pray to God, we are all praying to the same Father.

I always try and simplify it by correlating it to something that we all can try and understand.

We all have an earthly Father. In my family there are 5 of us. Each of us had a similar relationship with my Dad, but because of our individualities, the relationship was unique to who we are. But it was still the same Father.

There is no right God, that is where division creeps in. It is my belief, that we are all loved by Our Heavenly Father, known as God.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 5, 2008, 01:22 AM
    my view on this subject is that there is a god, if you disagree then lets discuss what you think...the second question is if there is a God, whos God is the right God...and please dont say that everyones god is the right one, because that statement is contradiction itself.
    My response to question 1 is : NO.
    Reasoning :
    - WHY should there be a God?
    - WHAT makes YOU think that there is a God?
    - WHERE is the objective supporting evidence for the existence of that God?
    My response to question 2 is : NONE OF THEM.
    Reasoning :
    Does that contradiction on itself not confirms, that the assumption that God/Gods exist is purely metaphysical instead of realistic?
    :rolleyes:
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
    my view on this subject is that there is a god, if you disagree then lets discuss what you think...the second question is if there is a God, whos God is the right God...and please dont say that everyones god is the right one, because that statement is contradiction itself.
    There is only one good guy as I prefer to call him each religious following just calls him something different therefore we all have the right "GOD"

The difference is within the laws that you have to abide by if you wish to remain with in your chosen following often laid down by the elders or another -not the word of GOD- which no book dictates or any man for it will come from the heart you will not need a book to tell you what's right or wrong or good from bad we all of us know the difference which is what we should live by- in my opinion
    addaddadd Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 07:38 PM
    I Believe there's is a God, The Almighty Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. You are right Not all religion have a true God. There is only one true Chruch which is in the Bible. That God Is true. There Many religion claiming they are Christian but they just pretending.
    buzzman Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Apr 14, 2008, 08:27 PM
    I agree with your statement regarding the thought that "Don't say that everyones God is the right God", because this is just not realistic regardless of the faith it would take to believe it. There is only one God. He is the Father, Son & Holy Spirit as one being. He is the alpha and omega. In him we live and breathe and have our being. We are made in his image, and our sin separates us from Him physically. We are the only beings made on this earth that have a spirit. The spirit is a part of us given by God that we may commune with Him if we call upon Jesus to forgive our sins so that we may be alive (Born Again) in spirit. This is considered to be a second birth, as all are "dead" in spirit until the renewal that can only come through Grace by forgiveness of sins. To begin to understand God means to understand what it is to be Holy. This can only be understood once the Spirit has been renewed. The Bible says that No one has seen God, No one has seen His face. We cannot comprehend what it must be to be that Holy, because People by nature are born sinful. There can be NO SIN in the presence of God. Something MUST be done to eradicate this sin. If our sin is not forgiven, it simply stays with us, therefore separating & keeping us from enjoying God's future physical relationship with Mankind. Of course there is one catch. One must acknowledge the validity of the Bible and make a conscience decision to believe in faith. This is a personal decision and will never be pushed by God, because he wants people to accept it freely. Be careful though, there are frauds out there. 1John4 says that Only Spirits that acknowledge Jesus is God in the Flesh... is of God. Many false religions claim Jesus as a prophet and do not give His the status of God in the flesh. This is how you divide the deceiving churches.
    shellou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Well I strongly believe that there is a GOD.I believe that because my life tells a story to long to explain and my experience is a testimony in it self.GOD is not only real but he is good and mercy full and forgiving and there when ever you need him. If you don't believe me and want proof id say when you wake up in the morning while you are still laying down in your bed think,who was created first the egg or the chicken?so who created the chicken and the egg that created the chicken and so forth?a higher power>that same higher power that created the whole intier univers.stay in faith ,knock and he will answer, seek and he will show you the answers your looking for.remain in prayer and faith...
    isabelgopo Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Apr 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
    I grew up in a catholic family, went to church and attended catholic school for 11 years. I also read the bible 3 times. Last time a couple of years ago. I've always thought the bible was a fiction book written by racists and sexists men. Most of it has no logic whatsoever. I've looked for God, I tried to believe and have faith or find a reason for all the pain and injustice in this world. Where is God when we most need him? Why did he think that women were less than men or despised homosexuality? Why every time I asked a priest, theologian or simple christians about this "incredible" bible facts their answer was "YOU JUST DONT HAVE FAITH". So, basically, I DO NOT believe in God, heaven, hell, angels, adam and eve in paradise, the virginity of Mary or magical resurrections.
    shellou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2008, 09:03 PM
    I'm so sorry for what you must have went threw to make you feel this way but sweety the worst thing you could possibly do to you self if not believe... GOD LOVES you and wants you to believe so that he can show you his love in every way possible. Just relax sweety and pray that the truth about his love be revealed to you and you'll be just fine...
    I promise!GOD is to good for me to have all to myself... stay in faith... :D
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Apr 14, 2008, 09:08 PM
    I've always thought the bible was a fiction book written by racists and sexists men. Most of it has no logic whatsoever.
    You are right to think that, and it's true.

All that shows though is that God didn't have anything to do with writing the Bible, it really doesn't prove there is no God.

Apr 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
    What is god ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelgopo
    I grew up in a catholic family, went to church and attended catholic school for 11 years. I also read the bible 3 times. Last time a couple of years ago. I've always thought the bible was a fiction book written by racists and sexists men. Most of it has no logic whatsoever. I've looked for God, I tried to believe and have faith or find a reason for all the pain and injustice in this world. Where is God when we most need him? why did he think that women were less than men or despised homosexuality? why everytime I asked a priest, theologian or simple christians about this "incredible" bible facts their answer was "YOU JUST DONT HAVE FAITH". So, basically, I DO NOT believe in God, heaven, hell, angels, adam and eve in paradise, the virginity of Mary or magical resurrections.
    I am sorry if someone within the church has caused you pain. And of course it is not fiction, since it was first written over 1000's of years by dozens of writers and all of these were formed into a book form and divided into chapters and verse by man. And of course the bible does not always give us the answer we want, man wants to do things his way, but there is no racism in the bible at all, in fact it the old testement even has marriage of people of different races. As for as women, women were highly respected and men and women each had their place. As for as homosexuality, yes of course that is a sin and is not acceptable as a natural way for man. And there is a reason for all of the pain, it is in this world and it is because of sin and the evil nature of man. So man is the cause of the evil in this world. God is there when we need him, to help us and give us strengh to make it though

Apr 15, 2008, 04:30 PM
    GOD AND SLAVERY
    Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

GOD AND WOMEN
    We find this in 1 Corinthians chapter 14:

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Then there is this section from 1 Timothy chapter 2:

Also that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

GOD ANSWERING PRAYERS
    In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

If "every one who asks receives", then if we ask for cancer to be cured, it should be cured. If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him", then if we ask him to stop AIDS, he should do it. Right? And yet nothing happens.

If you would like additional proof, gather a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in Jesus' name that God cures every case of cancer on the planet tomorrow. Pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways. Now, we certainly have two or more people gathered together, and they have asked in Jesus' name, and we have not one but a million faithful believers who, by definition, have faith and believe. We have fulfilled every one of Jesus' requirements.
    Will Jesus answer the prayer now? Of course not. Your prayer will go unanswered, in direct defiance to Jesus' promises in the Bible. In fact, if you pray for anything that is impossible, your prayer will always go unanswered. How weird, because NOTHING is impossible for God.

And finally, one of Christian's all time favorites:

ALL THE EVIL IN THE WORLD IS MEN'S FAULT

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

If God has a divine plan for each of us, then he had a divine plan for Hitler too. It is when you stop to think about it deeply and the contradictions hit you.

Now let's imagine that you say a prayer . What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Christians seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Christians serve the right GOD. All these other "gods" were created by the devil to distract and decieve people.
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Apr 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    there is no racism in the bible at all, in fact it the old testement even has marriage of people of different races. As for as women, women were highly respected and men and women each had thier place.
    I know you're a preacher/priest/father(not sure which one) and I respect that, but when you make statements like this you come off looking like you have never read the Bible. It's true there were some mixed marriages but there was a lot said against it in the OT. Even the NT crucifixion story is antisemitic and the cause of a lot of hate towards the Jews throughout the years.

Women were not respected at all in the Bible, and they still aren't throughout the middle east.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelgopo
    GOD AND SLAVERY
    Exodus Chapter 21, verse 20:

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

GOD AND WOMEN
    We find this in 1 Corinthians chapter 14:

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Then there is this section from 1 Timothy chapter 2:

Also that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion. Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

GOD ANSWERING PRAYERS
    In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

If "every one who asks receives", then if we ask for cancer to be cured, it should be cured. If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him", then if we ask him to stop AIDS, he should do it. Right? And yet nothing happens.

If you would like additional proof, gather a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in Jesus' name that God cures every case of cancer on the planet tomorrow. Pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways. Now, we certainly have two or more people gathered together, and they have asked in Jesus' name, and we have not one but a million faithful believers who, by definition, have faith and believe. We have fulfilled every one of Jesus' requirements.
    Will Jesus answer the prayer now? Of course not. Your prayer will go unanswered, in direct defiance to Jesus' promises in the Bible. In fact, if you pray for anything that is impossible, your prayer will always go unanswered. How weird, because NOTHING is impossible for God.

And finally, one of Christian's all time favorites:

ALL THE EVIL IN THE WORLD IS MEN'S FAULT

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]

If God has a divine plan for each of us, then he had a divine plan for Hitler too. It is when you stop to think about it deeply and the contradictions hit you.

Now let's imagine that you say a prayer . What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Christians seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.
    GOD knows our future but everyone has free will... HE knows the choices we will make before we make them. If you knew what would happen before it happened wouldn't you plan for it!! He doesn't make anyone do wrong or right. GOD loves us and it is his will that no man perish but have eternal life in Heaven.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What, who, where is GOD? [ 14 Answers ]

After seeing a movie my 4 year old is asking about GOD. How do you explain GOD to a 4 year old in terms he can understand?

What is god? [ 138 Answers ]

What is god? There is always this clash between science & god.Can God be a huge amount of energy?

So I think god was [ 56 Answers ]

A middle eastern man. I mean.. You hear things like "Ayo yuhn man! God was a black!" "I oughttta know better. I been more edumacated, God is a white man!" Now I'm saying he is middle eastern.

View more questions Search