Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Theshelfan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Hard Drive Space Dimishing
    I have 80 GB hard drive on my computer and for some reason, the remaining free spaces slowly dimishes. Don't keep many big files on the system, most would be about 6 GB of music. Don't have many programs on it either. Biggest would be Adobe CS2. Basically, a normal desktop PC. It's healthy too. I run Norton scans and Spysweepers. I regularly delete cookies, temporary internet files, the recycle bin, etc. Might be best shown through an example: let's say I download a number of music tracks to my hard drive, say about 10. And let's say before this is done, I have 12 GB of free space remaining. And let's say that when the 10 songs are downloaded, my free space reduces to 11GB. No problem understanding that. However, let's say that I don't like any of the 10 songs and I delete them. I would notice that the free space doesn't replenish to 12 GB but might only go up to 11.7 GB. This had been happening for quite some time and is not exclusive to music downloads... ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO FIX?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
    I hope this will help or point you in the right direction

Vanishing space -- what's eating my hard drive? | Ask Jack | Guardian Unlimited

How To Reduce Disk Space Used By Windows Vista System Restore

Disappearing Hard Drive - Computing and Networks - Digital Spy Forums

Each link has some different ideas -- hope they help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

Unable to access unallocated space on hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting up my new computer and installed a 320 gb drive and installed XP w/SP2. I partitioned the drive with 75 gb for Windows, then went to disc manager to setup the unallocated space. When I tried to set up the unallocated space as a new partition I get a dialog box that says the operation...

Losing Hard drive space [ 3 Answers ]

I've been converting my vob. Files to avi. And putting them on my extra drive(D drive).But I keep losing hard drive space on my main drive also(C drive).I have checked the properties of the files and it is going to the right drive (D)I'm using Ireverter to convert to avi. And DVD Decrypter to rip...

View more questions Search