Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pichette1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Windows xp
    My computer will not load, error message Isass.exe operation failed what do I do thanks bob
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:38 AM
    This problem is most often caused by a Trojan or other computer virus. Try booting your computer in safe mode by pushing F8 during the initial start-up (like before windows begins loading).
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:47 AM
    This process is most likely a virus or trojan.

Try to start in Safe mode to disable process.

Start --> Run --> type msconfig -->startup tab -->uncheck Isass.exe

You need to remove it from computer with a antispyware...

Try a repair install. Here's a link to instructions:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Can a windows xp virus effect windows vista? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My pendrive was infected by a virus called "jambanmu" which is either a malaysian or Indonesian virus. If I put my pendrive into a windows xp computer the virus will stop the computer from using few stuff. As for my pendrive the virus doesn't allow me to reformat it. If I use a windows vista...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

View more questions Search