Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RomanaBanana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Never been pregnant
    I'm not trying to get pregnant I'm only 18 but I don't use protection *i know bad* and I have never once been pregnant. I have been in a 1 year relationship and we never use condoms and not once I have I gotten pregnant or with any other relationship. I'm afraid that I won't ever get pregnant. I'm adopted and in the future I want children and start a new family tree. I'm not sure what to do? I mean yeah go to the doctors but I have no health insuranse and money is lame. Is weitgh a big issue on getting pregnant? I'm not sure because I have had some overwiegth friends get pregnant all the time. Not sure. Bleh!
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:30 AM
    If you're not trying to get pregnant, get on birth control! Regardless of your future wishes to have a child, and your past 'luck' not getting pregnant, if you are not ready to bring a baby into this world now then you need to be making the responsible decision. Also, by not using condoms you put yourself at risk for HIV and other STDs
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Umm, there a quite a few red flags here: you say you're not trying--> but if you're not using protection and having sex, what are you trying to do? Pregnancy is about timing; so the reason you may not have gotten pregnanat is the timing of your cycle with when the sperm are released. Yes, weight can affect on being able to conceive but I'm not sure just how much it lowers your chances.

But back to this, why aren't you using protection? I don't get it. Especially with all the info out their about STDs. But I'm not going to preach. You're 18 and said you don't even have the money to go to the dr. You DO know that if you get pregnant, well, visits to the dr are frequent occurrences. Without health insurance, you shouldn't even be thinking about getting pregnant. How 'bout this, get a job with some benefits so that you can take care of yourself and then you can entertain the notion of caring for someone else. Sure babies are cute, but they are a LOT of responsibilty; especially financially.
    searcher3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Okay, if you are smart enough to ask this question in the first place then you know the answer-- protection! Your main concern seems to be the possibility of infertility. However, that can be addressed when you ARE ready to have a baby. Failure to use contraception (in addition to the other health risks of having unrprotected sex) is a poor test of fertility. I do not want to preach at you either, but come on!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 11:49 AM
    If you are not using protection, then your claim of "not trying to get pregnant" is inaccurate. Unprotected sex causes pregnancy, sometimes even using protection isn't enough. You've been lucky so far, you haven't gotten caught. Are you not using protection because you want to see if you can get pregnant? What do you plan to do when your carelessness actually results in a child, are you going to get an abortion, or do you plan on keeping this child? You said that going to a clinic isn't an option because it costs too much, well, children cost allot more than a visit to the doctor, trust me.

My advice to you, get on birth control and use a condom. Don't take any chances. When you are ready to have a child, and support a child then try and have a child. Until then, having unprotected sex is like playing Russian roulette, you are taking a huge chance every time you do it. Go to your Doctor if you are concerned about your chances of having a child later in life, but chances are that you are fine, and extremely lucky.

Take care and use birth control, REALLY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I stupidly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the other day and I'm suppost to get my period soon, he doesn't know if he "pulled out"... could I be pregnant?:(

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Im 6 days late and am always regular. The only sympton I have is needing the loo more often! Ive done 2 pregnancy tests but both came back negative.

Am I pregnant again? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 15 year old and I have a baby I am worry because I had sex with an comdon but it bust I had a few peroids but I don't no if I'm having another baby I getting scared now could you help me please thanks

View more questions Search