Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samantha13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Entering Costa Rica on probation
    I am a felon and on probation. After getting permission from the po, who do I contact to see if Costa Rica will allow me to enter? Daughter is going there to study abroad for college and I would like to have a passport if I needed to get there for any reason promptly.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Hello Sam:

I think Costa Rica will let you enter without prior notification. I don't think they're going to know about your record.

I also think you can get a passport.

However, I don't think your probation officer will let you go to Costa Rica. If you decided to stay, getting you back would be a lot of trouble.

excon
    Samantha13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Sam:

I think Costa Rica will let you enter without prior notification. I don't think they're gonna know about your record.

I also think you can get a passport.

However, I don't think your probation officer will let you go to Costa Rica. If you decided to stay, getting you back would be a lot of trouble.

excon
    excon:

Would I be able to obtain a passport without my p.o. knowing?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Hello again, Sam:

Maybe.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:00 PM
    A passport is only a legal form of identification. You can be on parole for murder and get a passport. It is a visa to enter a nation that is what you will have to worry about, but for there, I think it is automctic entry for US citizens.

And It is leaving the county, not getting a passport, but you may want to get permission to go first, since why spend the 100 bucks to get one if you can't go.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restrictions for flying from the US to Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

Will unpaid parking, or traffic tickets, keep me from flying from the US to Costa Rica?

Re-entering US with L1 visa [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has stayed in L1 visa for 11 months in US in his L1 visa. He was paid in India and in US as allowance. Now after 11 months he has been asked to go back To India and come back after 2 months again on the allowance based pay. Will this Create any problem when he come back to US after 2...

Entering into quickbooks [ 2 Answers ]

I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business. I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it. Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on...

Honeymoon in Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to buy travel insurance for my upcoming honeymoon, because my fiancee's mother is in the hospital. She is not in imminent danger of dying. 1) If she were to die (God forbid), before or during our honeymoon (just to be clear, my mother-in-law will not be along for the trip), would travel...

View more questions Search