Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckwolcott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Hot water here but not there
    We just bought a house that was built in 2003 and here is our problem. We have hot water in the laundry room and the master bath. But only luke warm water in the kitchen and guest bath. We had a plumber come over and remove the scald protector (we don't have any small children) and he replace something in the handle of the shower thinking that we had a cross over problem and that this would fix the problem... well it didn't... Any suggestions on what to do.

Thanks,
    Cindi
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
    This might sound crazy, but maybe you have two water heaters? We had a similar problem with the house I live in now, and we discovered that there was a separate, smaller hot water heater that had broken, thus depriving some areas of the house of hot water.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Here is a little test you can try. Go to the kitchen sink or guest sink, which ever has stops on the supply lines. Close the cold stop completely and trun the water on full hot at the faucet. Do you get really hot water?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

No hot water - hot water heater and cold working [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! Its freezing out and we have NO hot water! Cold is working fine everywhere - but nothing comes out of the hot side anywhere. The hot water heater appears to be working? Did the hot water pipes freeze? Why the hot side and not the cold? Please help.

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

View more questions Search