Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamelladuke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 09:00 AM
    How does Foreclosure work in the state of Florida?
    My son and I are starting a Real Estate Investment business and want to learn how we can help all these people going through foreclosure. I'd like to find out how foreclosure works in the state of Florida since I am new here. Thanks. Pamella
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I think that for your purposes, no answer given here will be in depth enough. I would recommend heading down to the library and looking for books on Florida property law.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2008, 04:43 AM
    Hello Pamella:

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. If you want to help people, you're going to have to loan them money to pay for their house that isn't worth as much as it once was.

If you want to help YOURSELF, you can pick up a few bargains.

excon
    teddy126 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2010, 06:24 PM
    In 2006 I got divorced and accourting to the divorce papers my ex husband was suppose to sell the building and give me 35%. But he never did, in 2009 I got an atty to try and get my share, but 2 weeks after the meeting my ex husband foreclosured on the building. He suppositly owed he's father in law money he borrowed. The building was suppose to be sold on the court house steps back in June 2010 but they cancelled the sale.
    How long can it stay in foreclosure through the courts?
    I want to try and put a lien on the building. I don't believe that he ever borrowed money and I think he forclosured to keep the building in the family
    And right now the building is still in my ex husbands name. Does the person that foreclosured own the building or does my ex husband still own the building. I want to know what I can do to try and get my money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Foreclosure Law /how does it work? [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I about 2 years ago bought into the real estate market in Destin Florida when properties were selling for high prices and almost within a week of listing them in our area. I'm sure many of you know already where I am going with this. Well here goes. We sat back and watched the savvy...

Florida Foreclosure [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Sorr if this has been covered, but here is my question: We bought a house in Florida in '06 for almost $400k with 100% financing (80/20 loans). Both loans were from SunTrust, but they subsequently sold the second to EMC mortgage. A year later, I switched jobs and got...

Florida foreclosure timetable? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently own a home (which I currently live in) in Florida and, due to a recent catastrophic downturn in my business, I have been unable to make my mortgage payments for the past four months and it seems I am heading for foreclosure and eventual bankruptcy. Approximately how long will it be...

Renting Foreclosure Florida [ 2 Answers ]

We just rented a house in Palm Beach county Florida, starting August 2007 @ $1,700/mo. Just got served with Foreclosure filing. Owner aware of arrears. He still entered contract with us. 1) What are our rights? 2) Do we still pay the rent to the current owner? Thanks for your help.

Florida Foreclosure Guidelines [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida, under Florida law how late does someone have to be on their mortgage payments before said mortgage company can legally begin foreclosure? I am right now 28 days late on my mortgage, so should I be worried about a possible foreclosure? I have heard that you only have to be...

View more questions Search