Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hcervantes98 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2003, 04:51 AM
    Beer
    Hello! I'm confused about the beer types. One is called draft beer, the other one, I don't know the name. OK, as far as I understand draft means that it is not pasteurized as opposed to the bottled and canned beer, but draft canned beer is sold, so it looks like contradictory. Can smebody explain the differences? Thanks!
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Jun 9, 2004, 10:32 AM
    Beer
    Types of Beer...

DRAUGHT

Light or dark, in any style, draught beer is simply any beer served from a keg or cask.

Fresh tasting and easy to drink, draught beer in bottles or kegs has slightly lower carbonation levels so is less filling than other bottles or cans.

A natural with pub food & all types of snacks.

LAGERS

Lager is brewed with bottom fermenting yeast at cooler temperatures for a smooth flavour. Pale golden colour, carbonated and lightly hopped, lager is a crowd-pleaser that tastes crisp and refreshing.

Best suited to lighter-tasting foods; grilled chicken, seafood or spicy Thai.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALES

Brewed with top fermenting yeast at cellar temperature, ales are fuller-bodied, with nuances of fruit or spice and a pleasantly hoppy finish.

Ales are often darker than lagers, ranging from rich gold to reddish amber. Serve with stronger-flavoured foods; red meat, sausage, fish & chips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRY BEERS

Dry beer finishes crisp and clean, since more of the natural sugars are turned into alcohol during brewing.

This process results in a medium-golden beer that tastes less bitter, and leaves little aftertaste.

Try dry beer with pasta or light meals.

LIGHT BEERS

Extremely light in colour and body, and mild in flavour. Light beers are highly carbonated with low bitterness and no aftertaste.

Light beers have fewer calories and/or lower alcohol content.

Light beers compliment spicy Mexican or Italian foods, and combine nicely with appetizers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

MALT BEERS

Higher in alcohol (5.5% to 8.0%), malt beers boast a rich, full flavour -- heavier and sweeter than other beers.

Their colour ranges from deep gold to amber to firelight red. Serve after dinner to compliment any cuisine, or as a winter warm-up.

ICE BEERS

Ice beer owes its concentrated flavour and smooth finish to its unique brewing process. The beer is cooled until ice crystals form, then filtered, resulting in a higher alcohol content.

Serve ice beers well chilled, with seafood or poultry dishes.

STOUT BEERS

Deep, dark and flavourful, stout earns its character from brewing with highly roasted malts. Stout features intense malt and caramel flavours, and depending on the variety, ranges from sweet to dry and distinctively bitter. Serve as a unique compliment to shellfish, hearty stews and wild game.
    qwertyman Posts: 109, Reputation: 15

Jan 11, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Nice descriptions...
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 03:17 AM
    That is great descriptions! Can say out of all I only like larger (but not stella) stella gives me a huge headache, I much prefer fosters. :)
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 12, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Beer
    I was in Cyprus last year,and their main beer is called "Keo".In a very well known bar in Agia Napa,called Bedrock, if you ask nicely,they will give you a beer called "The dogs b******s!!" They were'nt kidding :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 12, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Beer nectar of the gods!
    Budweiser is the king of beers but I love them all:cool:draft,can,bottle tall!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Beer
    Hi,
    Funny thing; during my drinking years, just wanted beer or anything else with alcohol in it!
    Never knew that much about beer... never bothered to find out... thanks for the question about it. Great answers!
    Have a great day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Beer belly :( [ 3 Answers ]

I weigh 185lbs and I have been working out for a month now (running and bicyling).. I have lost fat around the chest and weight is coming off my thighs.. However my belly is being stubborn... Fat is sticking to my stomach (specially around the belly button) and it makes it look like a spare tire!...

View more questions Search