Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumbojet Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Darkening bleached blonde hair
    I let my friend dye my hair bleach blonde - and it has gone very bright blonde - some bits nearly white. I'm desperate to get it back to my previous colour, definitely without growing it out and if possible not spending a load of money at the hairdressers.
    Is it a bad idea to buy another dye that is close to my natural hair colour (mid blonde) or would that end in disaster? Please help!
    Shadowninja Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Dying your own hair is not a very difficult process there are always instructions on the back of the hair dye kit and it only cost about 10-20 dollars for a hair dye kit, if you have the courage you should try that.You can even dye your hair a color you want!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 4, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Your hair could be quite porous just now.
    Dying your hair at home could make it somewhat patchy as you said you had some white bits?
    Please do go to a stylist and let them take it from there as it could be a bit risky doing at home and ending up with a patchy result.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 4, 2008, 05:41 PM
    It's so much easier to go darker than it is to go lighter. However, it's important to choose the right base hair color to prevent unpleasant hues in the hair such as green or gray. The white streaks or spots are caused by leaving the bleach on too long. You will need to use a blonde protein color filler on the over-bleached spots and then apply the desired hair color to achieve an even color. When coloring your hair, choose a warm or neutral base hair color to prevent unpleasant tones in your hair. If possible, get it professionally done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

Bleached blonde hair is now green [ 2 Answers ]

:( Someone please help with any advice I dyed my bleach blonde hair to a "dark blonde" and it turned green:eek: any advice is welcome, my email is EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY Thank you!! :D I need any advice on how to change it to a normal blonde or brown

How do I darken my bleached blonde hair permanently? [ 1 Answers ]

When I got a professional weave with highlighting and lowlighting done, but the darker color washes out right away. Is there anything I can do to make a darker color stick to my bleached hair? Thanks for your help

Dying bleached blonde hair dark - but what to do with the roots? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I've naturally got light brown hair and have had it professionally dyed blonde for a year. I now want to change the colour to a chesnut brown at home. My problem is that I have quite a lot of root regrowth so when I use a home kit do I colour the roots first and then the rest, or the...

Darkening platinum bleached hair? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been trying to darken my plantinum, bleached hair... I am only trying to go to a medium gold blonde. It won't work! The middle to ends of my hair will not take the color. It remains white. How do I get the color to hold? I thought with my hair being porous, it would grab color...

View more questions Search