Ask
    21jamie21 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2008, 03:17 AM
    Walk around with my baby
    My baby cries if I sit down I have to walk around all the time
    What can I do ?

Apr 4, 2008, 03:19 AM
    My baby won't let me sit down I have to walk around otherwise she cries she is now 7 weeks
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 03:29 AM
    Have you tried burping her after feeds?

Apr 4, 2008, 04:14 AM
    I always burp her
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Apr 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
    My baby was the same way for a long time. I don't know why he wanted to be walked, but it did pass at about 2 1/2 - 3 months of age. I think my little guy was not feelling good and the walking was soothing. Do you have a glider, they sell them at some stores for as low as 150 dollars
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
    My son never left my left arm from the time he was born until the time he was at least a year old. He had lactose intolerance and went through many hard times of gastric pain. I thought my left arm would break and my left eardrum would never work again from all his screaming from the gastric pain. This is a time that you and your baby can truly bond for a lifetime. Please enjoy it. I know I enjoyed holding my son in my arms when he was little but I certainly could have done without the screaming from the pain. I held him tight and physically rocked him and comforted him. Today we have an extremely close bond - probably due to the year we spent connected together like Siamese twins.

Your baby enjoys the motion of walking around in your arms. Try a rocking chair and see if that helps.
    ldyastrid Posts: 82, Reputation: 12

Apr 7, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Talk to your doctor about this - perhaps the baby has acid reflux, which there are meds for which will ease the discomfort. There could be several reasons for the pain/discomfort, talking to the pediatrician would be the best thing to do.

There are front baby carriers (like a back pack for babies, but it attaches to your front) which are not very expensive and this will allow you to "hold" the baby and still get other things done being hands free!

It doesn't last forever - though I can understand how frustrating it can be!

Good luck! Hang in there
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Apr 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
    One more thing... try a moby wrap :)

Apr 13, 2008, 03:29 PM
    Sorry guys you got the wrong story . My baby is not in pain she is just fussy and wants to be carried all the time she won't let me put her down and she starts to cry.. when I put her down do I just leave her to cry and show her who is boss she is now 8 weeks.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21jamie21
    Sorry guys you got the wrong story . My baby is not in pain she is just fussy and wants to be carried all the time she wont let me put her down and she starts to cry .. when i put her down do i just leave her to cry and show her who is boss she is now 8 weeks.
    It is quite normal when you consider that you were "holding" and walking with her before she was born. Unfortunately, showing her who is boss at 8 weeks old will not serve that purpose. She is not trying to manipulate you... that comes later... :) By tending to her now, she will learn to trust that her needs will be met and will likely fuss less because of it.
    Babies usually enjoy movement... you can try a sling or carrier so that your hands are free. This way she has her needs met and you can get things done that you feel you need to. She will move through this stage, it can be frustrating at times, but it does get better.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21jamie21
    Sorry guys you got the wrong story . My baby is not in pain she is just fussy and wants to be carried all the time she wont let me put her down and she starts to cry .. when i put her down do i just leave her to cry and show her who is boss she is now 8 weeks.
    Absolutely not! I don't believe in letting newborns scream their lungs out. She is a baby. I held my daughter all of the time. As she got older she was fine with being put down.
    Get a body wrap and that will free your hands up, but babies like motion, they like your heart beat. And guess what, that's part of being mom. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches. They grow up fast, enjoy this instead of looking at it negatively
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 13, 2008, 07:32 PM
    We had a swing or was it a crib that had a rocker on it. I know it converted to a swing when he was older But there are times when in real life you have to just put a baby down to do work around home, and the such, if there is nothing wrong it is also OK just to sit the baby down if you have to.
    Sarah48375 Posts: 85, Reputation: 13

Apr 13, 2008, 07:52 PM
    Always remember it's better to put the baby down (some where safe) and walk out of the room if you can't take it. Give yourself a min. then go pick up your baby. My daughter was a "hold me" baby. I remember when we moved, I couldn't even put her crib togeher without her crying. I didn't mind it most of the time, but some times I needed a break. These times don't last long. Before you know it you won't be able to carry her. I put on a sling/baby carrier and she was my little buddy. She vaccumed, washed dishes, even typed papers with me. I wouldn't take it back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

BABY DADDY Fighting for Parental Rights and baby live part-time with his wife / kids [ 16 Answers ]

I have been in an extra-marital relationship for six months with a man who was "leaving" his wife. He told me repeatedly that they were living as roommates and he was moving out soon. Once this went on for some time, I decided I was worth more and broke up with him. I found out a few days later...

I'm having a baby and my dog already thinks she's my baby! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm new to this board and I just wanted to ask a questions. I have two dogs. An 8 month old St. Bernard female named Moose and a 1 & 1/2 yeard old Samyoed male name Buckie. I just recently found out I was pregnant and have started to get really worried. Buckie is VERY attached to Moose but...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search