Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2006, 11:30 AM
    Am I right?
    Am I right

My idea is that free will and the idea of constants and perfection cancel out

Free will is not just about wanting to do something
    It is about being able to accomplish that thing

If the number 1 is a constant. I try to make that 1 a 2 I can't do it. If I were able to than that would not be a constant. From this we can infer that there either is a god that is perfect and that there are laws like reletivity that govern the universe or there is free will and I can chose to break those laws and be a god. With enough work and resources I should be able to accomplish this.

Post if the idea is unclear in any way or any coments eiven one that says you agree I took a into to philosophy class at NYIT in old westury NY and tried to explain my theory to the professor but he did not want to listen so I figured this is the best outlet for an idea like this

Also if you know of any other discusion board about philosophy please post the website
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 02:27 PM
    HI,
    Honestly, I have no idea!
    Maybe others will have some answers for you. I agree with your Professor.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Ahhh.. an age old question. A wise man once said, "We live in a universe founded on rules. Some of these rules were meant to be bent... others were meant to be broken."

I believe in free will. I do not believe in contants and perfection. I believe that we have th power to overcome. Jesus could make 1 into 2 and, as he said, we are no different than he.

This also reminds me of a quote I had come across:

The chief consolation for nature's imperfection in the case of man is that not even for God are all things possible - for he cannot, even if he wishes, kill himself, the supreme boon that nature has bestowed on man among all the penalties of life.

The only part of where I don't agree with your post, is you saying that by breaking these rules, we become a God ourselves. Now we could get into all sorts of religious debates here but I would just say to think of it as this: There is not "a God"... there just IS "God." God is not a man that can break all the rules and knows everything... God IS the man, God IS the rules, God IS everything.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 03:04 PM
    http://forums.philosophyforums.com/
    http://www.philosophy-forum.org/
    http://www.ephilosopher.com/phpBB_14.html
    http://forum.darwinawards.com/
    http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/

Here's a few philosophy forums... I don't know if they are any good... I just found them with a Google search.

Feb 10, 2006, 10:31 AM
    DrJizzle is this god that you believe exists worthy of our worship?? Or does he require it??
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Worship: To love unquestioningly, unconditionally, and uncritically.

Is God worthy of our worship? By all means!

Does God require it? That's an interesting question.

If we were to look at it Biblically, I would say yes, God does require your love if you wish to join Him in Heaven.

If we were to look at it scientifically, I would say yes, God does require your love if you wish you join Him in Heaven.

The difference between these two versions is virtually nothing... just how one interprits it.

Worship or Love is not required. We have the free will to do as we please.

However, we are here with a purpose. We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey.

Our goal is to be reunited with God. Now, you seem to humanize God. I do not. God is not a he... God is not even a Him (and yes, I do realize I referred to God as Him lol). This is something that we do because we cannot fathom what God really is. God is everything and nothing. God is the energy of Life. God is the balanced force.

Its as if there was just balanced energy in the beginning (god). Positive energy can be more abundant than negative energy and all is still balanced. However, when the negative energy rose to high, it was cast away (God created the Heavens [the positive] and the Earth [the negative]. Lucifer [the negative] was cast to Hell/Earth). In order to bring the balance, positive energy (our souls) must overflow into the negative force (being born unto Earth/Hell). We can succomb to that negative energy (the Devil/Sin) and make it stronger or we can serve our purpose and bring the positive energy needed to bring everything back to balance (serve God).

So denying God, not worhiping (loving) Him, is to fill yourself with the negative energy that is Hell/Earth. (Yes, I believe they are one in the same)

So, is it required? No, we have the free will to choose what to do.

Feb 10, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Does your description of god fit any description a religion provides?
    I don't know of any that fits
    By need I mean there has to be a benefit from our worship that GOD receives or he would not encourage us to do so.
    He encourages us through incentives like heaven
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Oddly and interestingly enough, it fits none of them and is explained by all of them.

There are many problems with religion. Explaining that could take a lifetime. I think that one should study as many religions and beliefs as they need to gain their own comprehension.

As for benefits from worship, God telling us to worship him or burn in Hell, incentives to go to Heaven, Enlightenment, Sin, whatever you want to focus on... this is a defining characteristic of "religion." It is a control mechanism.

Yes, there is a purpose of "worship." There is an incentive to "worship." However, it transcends all understanding. We can say, "Worship God and you will go to Heaven." Or, "Do God's will and you will be saved." Its all the same. Basically, the will of God is to "bring balance to the Force." I know that sounds terrible... but there is literally no difference. There is just SO much to all of this, I don't know what to even mention in a forum thread lol!

Don't get the idea that I understand much of what I am talking about... it is just totally enthralling! I stupdied it for years... not in any schoool but just with an understanding and applying it to every book I could get my hands on, every religion that I could find.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 08:21 PM
    If you do not know where you want to go, any map will do. Free will is simply the right to choose your own destiny, for good or bad, positive or negative. That means the decision to worship GOD or not. The world around you, the universe outside of you as well as within is already perfect. We just don't realize it yet. When we do there will be nothing to do but to let life live itself and stop "inter-fear-ing" with it.
    ephemeral Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
    Here's a discussion board about philosophy that I frequent:

(it's quite new though, not that many members.)

http://philosophy-forums.com
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamarcin
    am i right

my idea is that free will and the idea of constants and perfection cancel out

free will is not just about wanting to do somethin
    it is about being able to accomplish that thing

if the number 1 is a constant. I try to make that 1 a 2 i can't do it. If i were able to than that would not be a constant. From this we can infer that there either is a god that is perfect and that there are laws like reletivity that govern the universe or there is free will and i can chose to break those laws and be a god. With enough work and resources i should be able to accomplish this.

post if the idea is unclear in any way or any coments eiven one that says you agree i took a into to philisophy class at NYIT in old westury NY and tried to explain my theory to the profesor but he did not want to listen so i figured this is the best outlet for an idea like this

also if you know of any other discusion board about philisophy please post the website
    The physical laws apply only in physical reality. They have to be constant or things would not work out. We have free will: we create our own reality, including the laws which make it work. We have free wil: there is no other who dictates what will happen and we can change our minds at any time. The creating part is done in spiritual reality and not in physical reality. Physical reality is where the play plays out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search