Apr 3, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Computer clock loses time .
    My computer clock loses approx 15 minutes or so per day
    With a newly installed battery.

Any ideas ?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 02:43 PM
    What do you mean by "computer clock"? Do you mean the actual clock on your computer or a digital clock? I'm assuming digital because you said you installed a battery..
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Apr 4, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Installed new battery on motherboard (approx size of nickel)

Computer clock still loses time.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Apr 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Is this a computer on a domain or a stand alone computer?
    With most Windows computers you have the option of syncing your clock with an external clock. Double click on the time in the system tray and it's under there somewhere.
    Do some searching on tucows, there are utilities out there that will keep your clock in sync.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer clock running slow [ 6 Answers ]

:)My computer time idicater reading has just recently started to read two hours slow on the display. I reset it, and it will read OK for a short time then resume to read two hours slow again. How do I correct this? Is it a clock battery wearing out or?

Computer clock loses time . With new battery [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My computer clock loses approx 15 minutes or so per day with a newly installed battery. Was worse before I changed the battery. Any ideas ?

Computer system clock keeps changing? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me why my computer clock keeps changing by exactly one hour? This happens on a daily basis.

My well pup loses prime every time it goes off. [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced everything including the pump itself, the checkvalve and all of the pvc back to where it disappears under the paved driveway. Any ideas other that breaking up the concrete and locating the well itself? The pump does produce water at regular pressure after a 2-3 minute wait.

Computer clock [ 1 Answers ]

My computer clock goes an hour back after I set it up. I have checked the automatic day time saving. Help

View more questions Search