Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cassieanderwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Could I be pregnant?
    I have been on birth control [NuvaRing] for almost a year now. Since I have been on it, my boyfriend has came inside me. About 3 weeks ago, we had sex and I had taken out my birth control ring. He came inside me like usual, only this time.. NO birth control! Well, he freaked out and asked me to put the ring back in hoping it would still prevent pregnancy and I did. Although, I took the ring out again about 4 days after because my period was due and it lasted for about 2 or 3 days. I put my birth control ring back in on schedule as if I weren't pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test the other day and it said negative but I have so many symptoms of being pregnant, and honestly, I want to be! I just need to know if there is a chance I could be pregnant. Please, someone help me! If you need more information in order to answer my question then I am willing to inform you about EVERYTHiNG! I just need to know.
    lamd Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 11:46 AM
    If you were ovulating around three weeks ago and had unprotected sex you would have a + test by now. There's always a slim chance though.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 4, 2008, 05:17 AM
    I do not want to sound negative or anything, but why would you want to get pregnant if your boyfriend freaked out when he found out that you did not have your birth control ring in?? Is your boyfriend ready for a baby too? Like I said I don't want to sound negative, but bringing a child into the world is wonderful... if both parties are ready for it. I think you should talk to your boyfriend about your feelings, and see where that goes, before trying to get pregnant.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Apr 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
    When you take birth control pills, you have an entire week where you aren't ingesting "active pills". Even doing so, you're still 99% protected against pregnancy. I've never used the ring you have but I have to assume that by taking it out as you described, you're still safe. There is always a chance of pregnancy though.
    Re-read your package insert about the ring and see what it says about removing it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
    My question is this. Why are you on birth control if you want to get pregnant? Obviously your boyfriend doesn't want a baby, are you purposefully forgetting to put in your ring so that you can trick him into having a child with you? If this is the case then you obviously lack the maturity to have a child. Bringing a child into this world is a big undertaking, it is not something that can be decided on a whim and it should be something that is mutually agreed upon by both potential parents.

Either tell your boyfriend that you want a child so that he can take precautions, or stop "forgetting" your birth control. Men who are trapped with an unwanted, un planned for pregnancy usually don't stick around for long.
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2008, 11:28 AM
    I agree with the above posters, and I would just want to add that it seems like a not-so-good idea to be popping your BC in and out, especially in situations like this, with potential pregnancy. If you have a close call, get emergency contraception.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I stupidly had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the other day and I'm suppost to get my period soon, he doesn't know if he "pulled out"... could I be pregnant?:(

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I still be pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I am 10 days late I have taken 3 pregnancy test which came back negative could I still be pregnant ? What should I do?

Trying to get pregnant still [ 4 Answers ]

You may have seen another post about me & my boyfriend trying to become pregnant - we're both 17 but my boyfriend is 18 in about 2 months. We're still trying but I was wondering if this is a good sign; When I was 16 I had a really dark period so my doctor asked me to have a smear test done to...

View more questions Search