Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smissah123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Bullied because of skin colour
    Please can anyone help me, my problem is that I have really dark skin and everyone makes fun of me at school and in my youth club (I've stopped going now).
    :( .Its been going on for ages but now I just can stand it anymore, its tearing me apart.My 'friends' aren't making any better,giving me names and making mean jokes about where I come from.

So please if you have any easy and safe ways of helping me to get lighter skin, please answer my question. QUICK.

Thanks a million.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
    I don't know any ways to make your skin lighter except for bleach (which I think is how Michael Jackson does it... )
    But, there is no reason to be ashamed of your skin color! I know it's bad because your young and other kids and teenagers can be immature, but one day you may be happy you have the skin you do.
    Plus think of how many really white people want to be dark and tan... they even go as far as going to the tanning bed everyday just to get darker (and skin cancer).

I hope you don't take what they say too personally, tell them to shut up and make fun of there own skin. After all they're only teenagers, and are to immatue to realise how hurtful joking around with something like skin color can be.
    Cherry_09 Posts: 42, Reputation: 0

Apr 3, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Don't get ashamed my dear it is you are natural skin. It is the thing that nature has given u. their skin will loose it's own colour in sun and with time but you will not change. You will continue to be what U are. You are better than them,so start felling it.

May 30, 2010, 04:37 AM

I guess you're right. Only all the imature people do it :/
    But thanks :)
    Doncorli Posts: 16, Reputation: 1
    -

May 30, 2010, 08:09 AM

Sad sorry indeed.
    Where are you from?
    First of all I think you should know how do YOU feel about you skin color, if you love your skin you don't need to change it because it doesn't fit to other people..
    brooke_xo Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2010, 08:55 AM
    Aw where do you live? Here it's considered EXTREMELY disgusting to bully someone because of their color! I'm really sorry about what you're going through. Honestly just embrace the color you have, don't let them lower yourself esteem. There's plenty of beautiful people with dark skin, it doesn't mean you're ugly or something! BUT if you really, really want to lighten your skin color, go to your local indian grocery store & they will have a section for like indian shampoos & stuff. There's some skin lightening creams there that don't contain any chemicals.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 30, 2010, 10:19 AM

People are so immature and so cruel. I just want you to realize that there is nothing wrong with your skin color. It is NOT ugly. In the slightest. In our culture white skin is constantly being praised. Not because it is better. But because in history black people were oppressed. So as a result. When you call one thing beautiful, by default you are automatically calling its opposite ugly. Does that mean it's true? HELL NO! Here. I'll prove it to you!

Lanisha Cole- She is from Panama

Agbani Darego- She is from Nigeria. She was Miss Nigeria. And she also won Miss World.

Who doesn't know Naomi Campbell?

Victoria's Secret Model - Oluchi

Remember Rudy from the cosby show? Well here she is! Keshia Knight Pulliam

Beautiful Song artist by the name of Rasheeda

Now I know the media doesn't always SHOW you black beauty. I know when you turn on the music videos all of the women in the videos are light skinned... When you watch TV programs you don't see black people as often... And when you do they are light skinned... But honey. That's what the media wants you to think... They want you to think that there aren't beautiful people with dark skin. But. They're lying to you. And let me tell you something. I don't care how dark you are or how light you are. When someone is beautiful. It's undeniable. You can never deny beauty! So don't you worry about what they are saying about your skin color. The same thing happened to me! And you want to know what? As soon as I graduated... Those same people making fun of me... Were trying to ask me out! You're stronger than this. I promise you. You're stronger than this. You're beautiful. Your color is rich. Don't ever let anyone make you be ashamed of it. All of those models and actors and actresses I showed you. THEY WENT THROUGH IT TOO. And they kept telling themselves that they are beautiful. They are strong. They can make it. And they proved to the world... I know you can too. And If you want to lighten your skin. That's up to you. No one will look down on you. But I need you to KNOW that dark skin. IS beautiful. I can't wait to have a beautiful dark skinned son and daughter. I dream about it everyday. I dream about making sure that the media doesn't cloud their views. I dream about making sure that stupid kids at school don't cloud their views. Because black is so beautiful.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

May 30, 2010, 10:20 AM

More beautiful dark people:

Jessica White - Sports Illustrated Model and Victoria's Secret Model!

Kelly Rowland from Destiny's Child- She looks like a black barbie doll!

And for the guys...

OMAR EPPS! Ommmmg!

Tyreese

Morris Chestnut!

Idris Alba
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

May 30, 2010, 12:25 PM

@Brown deciet that was awsome! Honeslty awsome! Wow I've just had an elightened moment and in in my twenties awsome.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

May 31, 2010, 06:59 AM

Beautiful dark skin people... I love this... I've said this before I have a daughter that is very fair skin, she wears blue contacts and she is loved by everyone. I also have a daughter that is fairly fair but she loves her natural looks... popular but not as popular. However my middle daughter that wears the contacts and colors her hair blonde also doesn't hang with African americans as much, I've witnessed how she is treated differently by AA's. Also my baby is dark skin but has more sharper features then her sisters like very pointy nose etc. She is accepted by everyone... WHY because she has a great attitude and she is loved by all. Be strong... I live in a house hold of different colors and I see all sides...

Jun 1, 2010, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doncorli View Post
    sad sorry indeed.
    where are you from?
    first of all i think you should know how do YOU feel about you skin color, if you love your skin you don't need to change it because it doesnt fit to other people..
    I didn't really think about it. It was only when I got into secondary school that people started taking the micky and stuff. Now I feel bad about my skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lighten my skin colour [ 1 Answers ]

I would very much appreciate it if someone could advise me on this. I suffered from severe acne as a teenager and used some various strong chemicals to treat my problem for quite some time. Over the years I have noticed that the skin colour on my face has turned dull and darker than the rest of my...

Change in skin colour [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am getting married in another 6 months . I am very fair and beautiful person but my only problem is that the area around my vagina and back side is very dark. It could be because I had put a lot of weight in between , but now I am back to normal but still the colour of skin has not...

I want my original skin colour [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had avry good complexion when I was 16 but now I got a little darker complexion I feel it was due to stress and due to exposure to pollution.can I get back my complexion and how give me some home maid suggestions because I don't want to spoil my skin more by applying harsh cosmetics which I...

View more questions Search