Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1windstar2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 10:41 AM
    ARM adjusting in July 08
    Can somebody help me understand and figure this out. I have called my Mortgage Company and asked them what the new payment will be and all they say is we will be getting the new rate and payment in the mail about a month before it takes effect. I would like to know now so I can make adjustments for it.

We have an ARM set to adjust for first time in July 08 and every 6 months after that. We are on a 6mth Libor Index Rate. I need help figuring out what my new rate will be on the 1st of July 2008. My rate now is 7.99%. Papers say they will add 5.520% points to the current index, the note holder will then round the results of this addition to the nearest one-eighth of 1 percentage point (0.125%). Subject to the limits in (D) this will be my new interest rate unti the next change date.

(D) Limit on interest rate changes, the interest rate I am required to pay at the first change date will not be greater than 10.90% or less than 7.99% thereafter my interest percentage points will not change more than 1.5% from the rate I have been paying for the preceding month. My interest rate will never be greater than 14.990%. (What the heck does all this mean)!

By the change date we will have approximately $235,000.00 on the Mortgage to pay and 336 months left out of the original 360.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
    This week the 6 month Libor rate is 2.62. Assuming that the index will be close to that on the date when they figure your change, the bank will add 5.520 to that number and get 8.14. So your new rate should be somewhere between 8.25% and 8.5%.

The monthly principal and interest payment on $235,000 at 8.5% (based on a 30 year payment schedule) is $1807.15.

Keep in mind that these numbers are approximate. The 6 month Libor rate could change between now and the effective date for your change. You can keep track by checking out LIBOR index and other major interest rate indexes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet ballcock: problems adjusting arm/ball float [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, After I flush my toilet, the water starts filling the tank, but goes past the desired fill line and all the way up to the overflow tube, making the toilet run constantly. After reading one of speedball's old replies, I tested the ballcock arm. I am able to lift the ball float arm...

Spouse passed away July 14 [ 1 Answers ]

I need advice on my husband credit card debt I live in Florida and own a home my husband has the loan but I am on the title, no need to change the loan but what about his credit card debt. Which is a lot. I am not on those I have my own credit which is a good score Can they put a lien on my...

Happy 4th of July [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone here have a safe and Happy 4th of July, Independence Day!

On H1 since July 06, with wife on H4 [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in the US since 15th July 06. My wife's here with me on H4. I was not in the US either in 2005 or 2004 - so does this mean that I need to file as a non resident? Some of the other posts indicate that I can wait a bit longer to file and gain the resident status - is my...

Movies July, 30 1956 [ 1 Answers ]

What three movies were playing on July, 30 1956?

View more questions Search