Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trasee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment
    Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment from the Ohio Attorney.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2008, 08:23 AM
    They could just be trying to transfer the judgement so they can collect in a different state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion for Summary Judgment due to credit debt [ 0 Answers ]

In 2005 I ran into severe financial trouble, causing majority of my debts to go to collections. Unfortunately, many are still there. Spring of 2007 I received a summons for a court appearance because of a judgment that had been filed to my county court on behalf of the credit card company for the...

Judgment [ 2 Answers ]

Who notify you of a judgment the collection agencies or the courts If entered

Credit card debt judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by a credit card companyand I plan to let then have a judgment by default. I am to appear in 10 days to answer, but do not plan to do so. When my husband died, I was willed his interest in property owned by his family. I transferred ownership of my ineterest in the family...

Judgment possibilities on credit card debt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I lost my job several years ago, had some medical issues and stopped making my credit card payments and have not as yet been able to catch up on my debts. I am being sued by a credit card company for $1400 not a lot of money, but much more than I have. I have a summons to appear in court...

Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have been threatened with a judgment from a bad credit card debt. I did try to work out a payment plan but they wanted to take it directly from my checking each month and I did not want them to have my account number. I wanted to send a cashier's check. I do not own my home and I am in...

View more questions Search