Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catting Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 09:06 AM
    4 different questions
    :) - Do you consider abortions done by teenaged girls a moral option?
    -Is sexual preference a matter of a persons private moral and does it have any impact on public moral life?
    -Do you have any suggestions as to how indiciplines and violence in schools can be altered?
    - Are strikes by worker considered moral means of ascertaining workers right?
    THANK YOU
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
    You will never get a definitive answer when it comes to morals as they run the gamut depending on what group one belongs to. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morals

As for the discipline problem in schools, my pet theory is a recent (last 10 years) problem with bad/neglectful parenting.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Hi,
    Teenage abortions, as well as adult abortions, is a moral issue; and as said before, you will get as many opinions as people you ask. In some cases, it can be a health issue, if it relates to the life/death of the mother.
    Sexual preferences are a matter of personal choice; whether moral or not, depends again on the person asked.
    Violence in schools is directly related to parents, as the other answer stated. The more parents don't have the time to spend with their children, the more those children will find other ways to express themselves; violence, drugs, etc.
    Strikes by workers is not a moral issue, but that's just my opinion. It's an issue that normally deals with money.; having it taken away from you, in favor of larger company profits.
    Best wishes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2006, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catting
    :) - Do you consider abortions done by teenaged girls a moral option?
    -Is sexual preference a matter of a persons private moral and does it have any impact on public moral life?
    -Do you have any suggestions as to how indiciplines and violence in schools can be altered?
    - Are strikes by worker considered moral means of ascertaining workers right?
    THANK YOU
    First you have to define moral, most morals are based off either religious beliefs and teachings or from societ beleifs based on culture and acceptance.

So from my Christian relgious faith and my morals set though it. Any abortion perhaps short of saving the mothers life is not moral, and even to save the life of a mother it is a moral but more complicated issue.

Sexual preference has an over all effect on public morals, since they are not content to leave it in their bedroom but must pass laws, spend tax dollars and attempt to force their acceptance on others. From this the decay of morals by public display of what is considered immoral behavior slowly destroys the preseption of this practice. As for sexual preverence, if left to actual majority vote, it is not acceptable in most states, but it though the courts that have forced their value system on others to accept.

Violence in schools is a result of drug culture, gang culture and the lack of parents holding their children responsible. There is no one answer and perhaps no anwer that can work any longer, bringing religion back into the home and back into the schools will help a lot, but that is not likely to happen

A worker strike is business, if in their job it is legal for them to strike then they may do so. It is merely part of the business negotiation. If in places like public workers who by law can not strike, they cross the line and their actions destroy the trust and responsibility of the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H-1B and W-2 Questions [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I was under H-1B for the whole of 2005, and I have completed 1040-EZ. I took the standard $8200 deduction ($5000 plus $3200), and it turns out that I owe about $900. My company handled all the papers and forms for the H-1B in late 2004, and I am just concerned, since I am assuming that it...

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

F1-OPT-H1B tax questions [ 1 Answers ]

I have been reading various threads on this forum to get an answer to my questions. I am hoping that I can get the best advice/answers from all the experts (especially, ATE), who are well informed by now. I had been on F1 from May 17, 1998 -- Aug 31, 2005. Switched to OPT on Sep 1, 2005 Went...

View more questions Search