Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luk_077 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:58 PM
    "just-in-time" and "quick response"
    How is "just-in-time" different from "quick response" in supply chain management
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:31 AM
    Just in time means that you only managed to complete the work/get to the location with a small amount of time to spare. You were almost too late.

A quick response is when as soon as you were asked to do something it was done right away, possibly faster than expected.

I hope this helps you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2008, 05:44 AM
    JIT is a term that normally refers to the fact you have worked out shipping and supply issues with a manufactor who ships on a automatic schedule according to inventory levels that are pre-arranged

Quick response in comparison, means the ability to add to or make a new order that is not preplanned.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Ah sorry! I thought it might be something different but sometimes we get people on here who want help with english phrases and they post in the weirdest places!
    Junaidi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 04:37 AM

JIT refer to many term, for example JIT for inventory is for min inventory to keep the system perfect or exact amount of product arrive at the moment NeeDED and not before

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search