Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idolgirl1213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:19 PM
    Losing Weight
    My daughter is 12 and she weighs 166 pounds how can she loose weight? Like how much should she eat. Or what should she do?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Make sure she has a healthy work out. It doesn't need to be extreme. It can be simple things like a bike ride or a long walk everyday to start with if she isn't already used to being active. Make sure she's eating healthy, start really looking closely at the labels of everything you buy. No soda. No fast food. Avoid anything that has high frutose corn syrup (this can sometimes be hard because so many products contain it but if you take the time to look around there's usually a healthier alternative). Watch out for things that seem healthy. For example, yogurt can be a great healthy snack. But you have to be careful which yogurt you're buying. Are you buying the yogurt made with whole milk and loaded with high fructose corn syrup? Or the nonfat yogurt that has only a small amount of added cane sugar? Keep in mind that when or if you buy things that say low-fat/non-fat, that doesn't mean its OK to allow her to have more because their healthier. She still has to limit her serving size (there are actually studies that show people often consume more of a product if its lower in fat or calories than the regular version, that's why I bring it up). Make sure her diet is balanced. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. And don't load the veggies with loads of salt and butter to make them tastier (that was my moms trick but it really kills the whole healthy diet thing lol). Have whole grain pastas and breads. Eating high fiber foods will also help her stay feeling full longer. So if part of the problem is too much snacking make sure she has a lot of fiber in her meals so that she won't feel the need to snack.
    mommy2destiny21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 06:13 PM
    At her age, I was about the same weight, The best thing that worked for me was the adkins diet, I lost my weight very fast and stayed that way. If you would like to know more about it you can feel free to email me, [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 yrs old , I am 5"7 and about 160 pounds... I want to loose weight but I find I eat to big of portions and to many snacks and such.I run distance on track at school and go to practice about 5 out of 7 days a week however I don't seem to see results.how can I loose weight??

Losing weight [ 1 Answers ]

Is jogging or walking is a effective way to loose weight... :confused:

Weight losing Pill [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loos 10 kg of my weight. Is there any medicene?

Losing weight. [ 4 Answers ]

My goal for the summer is to loose some weight before high school =]. But the problem is since that it is way to hot outside I don't seem to get to motivated to go outside and workout, or workout inside... So what I've been doing is not eating as much but sometimes I would sneek in a few junkies...

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

:( I'm a teenager but I'm kind of fat:( I want to loose weight how can I do that except taking all these pills and stuff cause I don't trust them ! I want to looze weight but I don't know a way Help me!! Xoxo

View more questions Search