Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nightstars310 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Left ear plugged
    Hi, Ever since I was a teenager I think, I can't hear really well in my right ear. When I plug my left ear the noise sounds fading and the voices sounds are different. I feel it is plugged or something maybe sounds like I'm under water. Anyway I'm now 26 and I still feel the same it hasn't gotten worsed I never though of seeing a doctor I guess I thought it was normal I would just talk on the phone on my left ear and at night I loved it cause I could sleep on my left side and all the noise will be very low. But now I realized that its not normal. Im going to see a doctor but I thought I see opinions first. I don't have problems hearing someone with it just when they are whispering really low and I plug my left ear then I can hardly hear.

Thanks
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 6, 2008, 12:35 AM
    Plug your left ear (the better ear) with some cotton and speak something aloud. Concentrate and determine NOW which ear does your voice resonate in. Let me know.

Apr 6, 2008, 09:02 AM
    In my right ear . But it still feels like I'm traped in an air tight box and the only thing I hear is my voice with my right ear. And I literally feel its plugged with something inside.

Thank you
    supriya _82 Posts: 241, Reputation: 24

Apr 6, 2008, 11:53 PM
    May I assume that you are female and the deafness started around the time you started your periods? Also does anyone on your maternal side suffer from deafness?
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Apr 6, 2008, 11:57 PM
    You don't use q-tips in your ears do you?

May 9, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Thank you so much for replying to my question, yes I'm a female and no no deafness in the family and it doesn't feel like I'm deaf it feels like something is clogged in it, I can still hear in it but its low. And yes I always use q-tips but I stopped recently and now I use it once awhile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Lump behind left ear [ 13 Answers ]

I noticed this lump the other day because it felt sore behind my ear. It's pea-sized and behind my left ear about 3/4 of an inch abive my earlobe.it feels hard and doesn't move. It's very close to the crease (where my ear meets my head)... I get dizzy once in a while and headaches from it on the...

Clicking in left ear [ 3 Answers ]

I have read the answers regarding clicking in the ear/left ear. Mine is constant, not just When eating or swallowing and just began a few days ago. In fact, it doesn't change when eating or swallowing. It took me till 3:00 am and two sominex to get to sleep last night. Strange part is... I...

Clicking in left ear [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Suffered From Stress Recently But I Overcame A Lot Of Problems Now I Am Getting Clicking In My Left Ear And Also Headaches , Could This Be Due To The Stress Or Could I Have Damaged My Ears As I Work With Earphones On ?

Cysts behind Left ear [ 1 Answers ]

For the past couple of days I have had a fluid filled lump behind my Left ear. It is painful and I can't wear all my earrings. I have had people try to drain it and it won't. Should I see the doctor and have them lance it open? The pain is giving me an earache and becoming painful below my ear down...

View more questions Search