this._x = this._x+getTimer()/1000;
    this._y = (-10)*Math.sqrt(this._x)+500;
    trace(this._x+"and"+this._y);
    }

this script creates this curve:

Name:  untitled2.bmp
Views: 218
Size:  148.8 KB

How can I invert the curve the object would follow? I'm trying to make a flower follow this curve:

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 207
Size:  148.8 KB

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    this._x = this._x+getTimer()/1000;
    this._y = (-10)*Math.sqrt(this._x)+500;
    trace(this._x+"and"+this._y);
    }

thanks.
    cheeseycheese Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Dec 15, 2008, 05:00 AM

try to change the similar line to this one, to this.

this._y = (10)*Math.sqrt(this._x)+500;

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to use this Script but how do I [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Div called rtsidebar <div> <div/> I have tried putting the script in to the div but then couldn't work out how to set the script, thought it would be easy, might be me being a biff. Please help If some one could fill it out and get it to work so I could then edit it. Thanks

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Script error [ 1 Answers ]

I have downloaded file to my documents to solve a script error but cannot seem to install it to where it is required(internet explorer), can anybody help this confused idiot. Thank you :confused:

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Help with script [ 2 Answers ]

Hey it's me again about my script. I'm writing out of my element about magic and witches and stuff like that. The way i'm writing it sounds very corny and fake. Maybe it's just that i am horrible at writing. Can anybody read it and tell me how to make it sound less fake and stupid? Also, I need a...

View more questions Search