Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madaman Posts: 212, Reputation: 25

Apr 2, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Fear of running into ex.
    Some of you will remember my story from before (bitter breakup, she cheated etc). I have gotten well past the stages of worrying about that. My biggest thing right now and its driving me crazy is that I have a fear of running into her. Whether its out with my friends or at a mall, I keep thinking 'what if' I run into her. Im just wanting a way to get over this stupid fear/thought.
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Apr 2, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Same Issue.
    But I DO see my ex EVERYDAY.
    You;ll get over it.
    It's a small world after all.
    I mean, its extremely difficult I knoe.
    But you'll see her one day.
    Whisper.
    "biitch"
    It your head and keep walking.
    Its just life.
    Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Like all feelings based in fear, Confronting them will make them disappear, when and if it happens.
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Apr 2, 2008, 06:51 PM
    I look forward to running into ex's. I think once you truly moved on you will feel the same way to. I think there is something still there because you are still have thoughts about her.

When you have you stuff together, running into your ex won't be a problem. It will actually make you feel good to show her that you have moved on and became a better person.

I ran into a woman that I liked in High School she didn't gave me the time of day. I ran into her at McDonalds and she started talking to me as if we were the best of friends.. oh I haven't seen you in a long time.. blah.. blah she was interested. Then she notices the ring and with total shock she YOU ARE MARRIED. I smile and said yes. In my head I'm thinking what did you think that I would put my life on hold for you! She was actually disappointed and he face read that well.

Its like karate kid when he beats the bullies up in school.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 07:30 PM
    If and when it happens smile , be pleasant and confident , she will expect the opposite and she may just realise what she missed out on.
    jamimama Posts: 65, Reputation: 9

Apr 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    If and when it happens smile , be pleasant and confident , she will expect the opposite and she may just realise what she missed out on.
    That would be the thing to do. I wish I could do this but I know I'll probably either turn red and put my head down or run and hide.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Apr 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Can't run away from these things friend, they will happen when they happen, or not. Your goal should be focusing on you, eventually you will want to run into her or at least you won't care if you do because you have all the confidence in the world.
    Mr-Blank Posts: 45, Reputation: 7

Apr 3, 2008, 06:27 PM
    I was having the same issue till I decided to get it out of the way and actually meet up with her.

Now I don't have to worry about running into here, because there won't be that awkwardness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My fear [ 10 Answers ]

I'm going around with a guy... and we love each other a lot... wenever I'm with him... I feel as I'm in heaven... he cares a lot... and so do I... and we are very much attached to each other now... but sometimes... I have this feeling that whether we will have a happy ending or not?? because my...

Still fear him [ 2 Answers ]

When I was a child 8 to 13 I was getind raped by my aunts boyfriend.Now I fear everyman.even my husband. He took what meant the most to me. I'm scared to go out I'm scared to be alone. My mom never did put him in jail and I see him allmost everyday of my life and all I know to do is cry and I...

I have fear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There,I Love One Sister From Our Church,but The Time I Want To Propose Her, Fear Comes Along And I Will Start Talking About Godly Things.when We Part I Will Be Frusrated And Blaming Myself.while Im Alone I Will Think On How To Say I Love You,but When We Meet Fear Comes Again.what And How Should...

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

Fear? [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but if I walk into a room with a ceiling fan that I going, I just freeze up, my heart starts pounding, and I have to literally force myself out of the room. If I am in the room, and the fan is not on, I'm fine, but as soon as someone turns it on, I practically run out of...

View more questions Search