Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Applying online for jobs
    What are some good job websites?

Particularly ones that provide an email address or phone number to easily contact them.

I've exhausted Craig's List... any others?

Thank you in advance.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Check the website for your local newspapers, there should be a jobs section. Also check out:

CareerBuilder.com Jobs - The Largest Job Search, Employment & Careers Site

Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com

Yahoo! HotJobs - Thousands of jobs. Find the right one.

These sites will allow you to apply online, you may or may not have access to a phone number to contact the employer.

You should also look on the websites of companies in your area; say you drive past a building with a corporate name on it - just plug the name into Google and check their homepage for job listings.
    Vision Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 10:57 PM
    I'm mainly looking for places that offer email addresses for me to email the employer. All of those sites require you to fill out long applications and such...
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Actually, those are a scam! Those long applications pop up to get you to fill out and give your information to another company, one you have no interest in. At the bottom of the application there's a teeny tiny hidden button that says "No Thanks!" you can click. The sites give you the option to register on the site and post your full resume and qualifications for employers to contact you, but you don't have to do that in order to browse the site.

I've been job hunting for the past 4 months, it's very difficult to find employers you can contact directly. I applied for one position that had 600 applicants; they don't want all those people calling or emailing, so a lot of companies don't post the info, or put "NO PHONE CALLS" on the job description.

Good luck!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 3, 2008, 08:44 AM
    First the more reputable job search sites like Monster and CareerBuilder, don't sell your info unless you agree to it. However, there are many not so reputable sites.

Depending on what area you are looking for, there are some sites that specialize. For example dice.com is for IT related jobs.

As noted, some companies advertise directly, others advertise through agencies who they pay to screen resumes.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Around where I live, we have a local job service that you can join where you can submit information about what you are able to do. There are also employers that use the service to advertise their jobs. The site automatically matches you to jobs that might fit what you can do and then sends you an email listing the link on their site for the job. Once you go to the link for the job, you can contact the employer.

Here is a link for that site. Iowa Workforce Development - Iowa's Employment Security Agency The site is really quite good! Perhaps you might have a similar type service around where you live?
    Vision Expert

Apr 5, 2008, 02:26 PM
    I don't know if we do. That would be awesome. I have been relying solely on Craig's List. I'm in Vancouver, Washington, if that helps.
    Vision Expert

May 28, 2008, 08:42 AM
    I got a job!!
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 4, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I got a job!!!!!!!!!

That's great! How did you land it?

Just for a future reference... do you have a local Employment Security Commission? My state, NC, posts job openings online and I check it all the time. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, check the websites of you local newspapers in the classified sections.

I'm glad you had luck finding a job!
    Vision Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 08:17 PM
    I took my resume in, and they hired me...

I don't know what an Employment Security Commission is, so I don't know if we have one.
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 4, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    I took my resume in, and they hired me...

I don't know what an Employment Security Commission is, so I don't know if we have one.

Here, it's where you'd go to sign up and receive unemployment benefits if you got laid off or if you were fired. And they help you in your job search and companies post their job openings there for people who are looking for work. Maybe it's called something different in your state.
    Vision Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
    It is. I don't know what it's called. I wasn't eligible for unemployment though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for real online jobs .getting payment at home! [ 19 Answers ]

I'm looking for part-time online jobs... which are real... n pays you well.. anybody with any info about this ans me... or send me the links...

Online jobs for F1 visa holders [ 1 Answers ]

Is it a violation of my legal status to receive money from websites? What I have in mind is the following situation: Can I sign up to websites that offer money for taking surveys if I am an immigrant? Can I make money through a website that offers to pay a percentage of what I make? For...

I am applying for a job? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how they research your previous jobs?

At home Medical data entry jobs online [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a medical data entry job that I can do at home on my computer that pays good money. I have been searching the websites for legitimate business but are hard to find. Is there any out there that is legitimate to do? Please let me know if there are any website that I can get into....

Applying for Jobs [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Well I'm applying for summer jobs at a bunch of fast-food restaurants that are highering. I just wanted to know how long does it normally take for them to call you back? Thanks!

View more questions Search