Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    remymartin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Fraud and theft charges over $5000.00 in Ontario Canada
    A friend of mine has been charged with theft and fraud. He embazzled over $80,000.00 while he was the president of a soccer association.
    He wrote himself checks and also took cash. He bankrupted the soccer association.
    Will he serve time in jail?? Will he have to pay back the money?? He has no assets other then RRSP's... can they take this.
    Thanks
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 2, 2008, 04:21 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Yes, he's definitely facing jail time. Whether he gets it is a matter for the courts...
    remymartin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
    He is actually in jail now awaiting bail. You are an American, how much jail time would be given in your country?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Hello remy:

In my view, he'll go to jail, and he'll have to pay the money back. How much time?? Couldn't say. If he get's a mean judge - a lot. If he get's a lenient judge - not so much.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft Under 5000 ontario [ 7 Answers ]

So, I stole money from my employer of 1200 I admitted because I know nothing about law or being interrogated. They have me on camera. I have a lawyer. My disclosure says that the crown is seeking custody! I don't know... Am I going to go to jail? This is my first offence...

Fraud/ Theft in Canada over 5000$ [ 4 Answers ]

I found a glitch in the bank system in Canada and during this glitch you can transfer money from an empty checking account to your savings and the machine will do this transfer. What are the consequences of this if I took over 200.000$? Is this theft or fraud and what is the statute of limitations...

Theft under $5000, in ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I got caught under section 334(b), theft under $5000, in ontario first time. Need to appear in court. I'm guilty and would never ever going to do this mistake. I would not like to get those under my record. What are things should I do. Can anyone guide me for this please, so that my carrier not get...

Theft Under $5000, Ontario, What To Do? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a good friend of mine get caught stealing small amounts of money from the employee break room at his work. He was caught over a few different occasions on camera, but never confronted until the other day when the police showed up at his work to arrest him. He was questioned and given...

View more questions Search