Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mongoose Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 04:23 AM
    Development
    I am new to this site and think it's very informative.
    We are planning to construct a small block of flats on our land and need to find a reliable and honest project manager... is there an organisation we can contact?
    Thanks !
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Where are you located?

Feb 9, 2006, 11:17 AM
    I am based in east sussex
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 11:56 AM
    The non-regional things I rely on are
    1. references by customers of the "project manager" (called a "contractor" here in the US), and
    2. input from people I know who have had similar work done by a contractor.

If I am not happy with #1 and cannot get #2 I rely on local sources that will no doubt be much different in the UK.

I don't know what they call these groups in your area, but around here a good source to start with is the local Chamber of Commerce, a group that maintains a database of local companies and their reputation.

Can someone from the UK help Mongoose with the right group that would help her pick a good contractor?

Feb 9, 2006, 01:07 PM
    Good idea I know we have a chamber of commerce for our area so will get a list from them... we certainly do not want to go through a property developer as all they do is employ project managers etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enterprenuership development [ 0 Answers ]

I am a Mechanical Engineer and looking for a Part time or correspondence PG course on Enterpreneurship development in India. I would appreciate any information in this regard. Regards, Anant Bhosale

Kitten Development and Care! (Help me!) [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, As I've posted previously my cat had kittens last week. Luckily three out of the four kittens have homes that they will be going to once they are old enough. But until then... what do I do? I mean, they are eight days old now and are starting to open their eyes. They are so cute, but I...

Os development [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to try developing my own operating system.could you please tell me how I can do that? Deepak

Training and development [ 1 Answers ]

Just I want to know in simple answer what the difference between Training and development?

View more questions Search