Ask
    kellyjc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Unfit parent
    What is an unfit parent?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 04:03 PM
    Basically someone who neglects or abuses their kid(s)
    charnelle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Someone who doesn't care and doesn't pay attention to their kids
    Benjimeister Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Apr 2, 2008, 04:15 PM
    "A parent may be deemed unfit if they have been abusive, neglected, or failed to provide proper care for the child. A parent with a mental disturbance or addiction to drugs or alcohol may also be found to be an unfit parent. Failure to visit, provide support, or incarceration are other examples of grounds for being found unfit."

The legal definition varies state to state, but the above is a good summary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfit parent. [ 8 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to get custody of our grandchildren. We live in Washington state and so do the children. We were told by the judge we need to prove our ex son in law unfit. What criteria is needed to do this. Thanks Flo

Unfit parent [ 10 Answers ]

My son is in iraq. He has a 1 year old daughter who lives with her mother. The mother has been diagnosed bi-polar but does not seek treatment. A lot of the time she is very unstable I am very concerned for the safety of my grand-daughter. I know it is not easy to obtain custody but at the same time...

Unfit Parent [ 2 Answers ]

How can you prove a mother is an unfit parent? A friend (David), his 5 year old daughter(Kayla) is staying with her mother, the mother lives with her boyfriend who is a DJ and they have had a child together. I have no idea what goes on at the mothers house, but they are always sick and always...

Unfit parent [ 1 Answers ]

What is the definition of an unfit parent in the province of new brunswick, canada

Unfit parent [ 5 Answers ]

If a parent can not keep food or gas on in the house and can not keep a stable job is that proved to be an unfit parent?

View more questions Search