Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mohan8559 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 01:18 AM
    Reinforced brick concrete
    What is reinforced brick concrete, please tell in detailz and I want the answer very soon.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:05 AM
    "reinforced brick concrete" is not a common term of the building industry. I find it referred to only rarealy; in use for roofs, foundations and even in beams - but cannot find a description of it.

In what context are you seeing it used?
    AmandaM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 06:41 PM
    So I found this description... hope it helps "roofs made from bricks and concrete called "reinforced brick-concrete", in which bricks are laid on flat formwork with spaces (around 100/150 mm wide & depth equal to the depth of the brick say 80/100 mm or so, in both directions) and having rebars placed to form ribs sort of thing. This is commonly used in Pakistani Balochistan areas bordering Iran like in Chaghi, Turbat and also in areas close to Zahedan. "
    Travill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 01:48 AM
    Reinforcement in brickwork, bases and roofs

Feb 18, 2010, 01:49 AM

What does it mean for brickwork and beams to be reinforced

Feb 18, 2010, 01:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan8559 View Post
    what is reinforced brick concrete, tell in detailz and i want the answer very soon.
    what is reinforced brick concrete tell in detailz and I want the answer very soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To set up a brick and concrete foundation [ 1 Answers ]

To set up a brick wall which may have 21cm width and 6or cm height, what size or depth should have the concrete foundation for such size wall?

Supporting brick wall, concrete patio [ 4 Answers ]

As you can see I am temporarily supporting it by 4x6’s, before it was resting half on the old side walk with two of the bricks sitting in there lose. When whom ever poured the first side walk they broke out half of the foundation block too pour the patio under the brick, which the brick were...

Vinyl reinforced concrete as underlayment [ 1 Answers ]

Would vinyl reinforced concrete be okay to use as an underlayment for carpet? :confused: I have a basement room that has an uneven floor. There is as much as a 1 1/4 inch variance within 5'. :mad: The high area runs through the middle of the room so I was planning on just leveling the half that is...

Concrete/Brick Patio [ 1 Answers ]

We're laying brick next to a 10x10 concrete slab. Is there some sort of paint/stain that can be put onto the concrete to make it look closer in color to the brick? Is it possible to create patterns?

Brick paver on top of sealed, decorative concrete [ 3 Answers ]

I am about to start laying a brick paver walkway, part of which will be going on top of an existing, decorative, sealed concrete patio. Can I mortar the outer most bricks directly to the concrete and then fill in the remaining pavers or is there a better way? Will the morter hold?

View more questions Search