Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KDJONES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 11:20 PM
    Am I allowed half of his tax return?
    My spouse and I have been separated for 3 months. I recently filed his tax return online for him, at his request, and he wanted it direct deposited into my account. He told me he would give me 600.00 of it, although he is getting 1800.00 back. Due to some very violent behavior a couple of days ago, I have had to file a restraining order against him, and I filed for divorce today. My lawyer says that I can legally keep ALL of the money if I choose too, although he only offered me 600 of it. We were never legally separated. I am planning on dividing it in half with him, since I will have to be the one to write out the check to give him. Am I wrong for keeping half?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Hi,
    I am so glad you have a lawyer, and I would do as he suggests.
    Don't be afraid to keep all the money. He has already displayed violent actions, causing you to take further action. I would keep the money, and hope the divorce settlement will be signed soon. Sounds like you are much better off without him. I do wish you the very best.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2006, 02:53 PM
    I would recommend that you keep the entire amount, as your lawyer suggested.

However, if you wish to give him half, then you can.

Is there anything wrong with it? ABSOLUTELY NOT

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

Is Romex allowed over concrete block? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a detached building with a block foundation. On the inside, the top of the blocks is about 4" above the concrete floor. The walls are aligned with the outside of the 8" wide block therefore there is a 4" wide shelf (top of the blocks) that runs along the perimeter of the building. I used...

Why is this allowed? [ 7 Answers ]

There are reports that once the rescue of people is done, the National Guard has orders to shoot any stray animal on site. Animals are starving. They swim to rescue boats and are being turned away because the boats are for people, yet the rescuers for animals are not allowed to rescue them. ...

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

Error Message - Column Not Allowed Here [ 3 Answers ]

I tried to create a table and got the following message: COLUMN NOT ALLOWED HERE. What is the solution for this? Regards MATHEW

View more questions Search