Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Apr 2, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Taking my hair back to its roots
    Hi I'm looking for help please, I've been dying my hair for ten years now and at the moment it's a very light blonde. I've been told by my hairdresser that despite all the hair dye my hair is in quite good condition apart from the ends are a little dry due to overuse of straightners. Problem is I want to go back to my natural colour or as near as (which is a mousey blonde/brown) how can I do this without too many chemicals? Is there any shampoos you can get that help colour fade? Thanks x
    rebeltequila Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
    Cheap shampoos normall help but here's an idea to help your hair get back to it's original a little faster don't use any products on it for 1 month don't wash it for 7 days then wash it then don't wash it for another 7 days after a month of doing this find the cheapest shapoo and conditioner ever wash it every second day
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 4, 2008, 12:08 AM
    Sweetie, if you want to go from very light blonde to a dark mousy blonde hair color, it will require a tint-back. A tint-back is when a hairstylist attempts to match your natural hair color as close as possible. Applying a darker color on very light blonde hair could result in an unpleasant color such as green or gray. So you will need to use neutral or warm hair color to prevent this from occurring. Please consult with your hair stylist about a tint-back hair coloring process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I dye my hair red by taking out my black without damaging my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I currently have black dyed hair, with bleached streaks, that were red and are now back to blonde. I really want to dye my hair all over bright red, but I don't want to bleach all my hair for fear of totally killing it, are there any cheats I can use to get my permanent black out without...

Re-touching Hair Roots [ 3 Answers ]

I need advice on re-touching new hair growth. I'll explain my situation 1st... Approx. 2 months. Ago I dyed my hair with Clairol Professional Premium haircolor 3NN (which was supposed to be a rich, medium brown) mixed with a 10-volume developer. Well, my hair turned VERY dark brown, almost...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

Help! Roots are Taking Over [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! We have a situation in our bathroom--in the middle of our home. The cabinet at the sink had cracked on the outside--and the floor was always a Bit damp. I called the plumber--and he found the toilet was needing to be re-seated--and We had a bit of a leak. He removed the toilet to find...

Taking out tree roots [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I tried to do a search on this first but didn't come up with anything specific to answer my question. We are in a home we are renting but we are allowed to do some outdoor work so we took out some hedge-like bushes in the front of our house by tearing them out with our truck. We tied the...

View more questions Search