Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krishab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Sore throat
    I have had a sore throat for 4 days and there are two white spots in the back of my throat. It hurts to swallow. My glands are not swollen and I do not have a fever, cold or flu. Should I see a doctor or is this just viral? Thanks!
    laFemme Posts: 11, Reputation: 5

Apr 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
    good lord, yesssssssssss!!!! why wonnt you go to the doctor after 4 days?...you need to go...
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Good instinct about it being a viral infection. And you are right, if it is viral there is nothing the doc will give you anyway. (other than suggest over the counter medicine for relief). Your sore throat might develop into a cold in a day or 2 but if it doesn't, I might get a strep screen just in case.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Seek medical help.

In the meantime try gargling with warm water, add a bit of salt to the water when you gargle .
    Or add a bit of ginger into a cup of hot water,leave it for half hour.Add a bit of honey and drink the water.
    jerieischillin Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Yes.you should go to the doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore throat [ 4 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Lately,I have a score throat every morning when I wake up, but after a couple of hours the pain is gone. I am totally fine. I am wondering why is that? The temp has been crazy lately too, if that will help you determine my case. Thanks:)

Sore throat! [ 8 Answers ]

I've had a sore throat for 3 days and now I have congestion and sneezing with it. When should I see my doctor and is this anything to worry about?:confused:

Sore throat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is katie. And I have had a sore throat that comes and goes all the time. I get white spots that come off and smell. But now it hurts in the middle of my throat and all the time, my ears hurt off and on. But then again ihave tmj so when my jaw hurts my ears hurt. Is my throat something to...

Sore throat for 5 weeks [ 4 Answers ]

I was on 3 series of antibiotics for ringing in my ear over a period of 4 weeks and then finished them. A week later white spots appeared on my throat and tonsils but no pain for the first week. The first day I noticed the white spots I went into MedPoint and a doctor prescribed Augmentin (another...

View more questions Search