Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manochas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
    F1 student on CPT
    Hey,
    I am working on CPT and my earnings from this job is just below 10,000$ and about 1000$ from school in the year 2005. I am an indian student.My employer didn't deduct any taxes from my internship but my school did deduct some money.

My question is am I eligible for taxes because last year I earned about 1500 and I filed for refund, but I don't know what shuld I do now as my earnings are high. I don't know how to calculate taxes if I have t pay

Thanks
    Reply soon
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 9, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Manochas:

If your visa status was F-1 for all of 2005 and you entered the country in 2001 or later on the F-1 visa, then you are still a non-resident alien and must file Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843.

Answer this post if you converted to H-1 visa during 2005 for additional guidance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 student taxas [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in US as an F1 student for more than 5 years. I tried using CINTAX tax service through my international office website but for some reason the system is not allowing me to file my taxes suing that software. I have been able to file my taxes using the same software in the past. Please let me...

F-1 student tax [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I have a question. Im an F-1 student. I graduated in May 2005. I have been working on OPT since June all the way until the end of the year. That makes me qualified to file tax as a non-resident. Ok I earned an amount of 4200 on W-2 (not on H-1, its F-1)with federal tax 225 and state...

Student Nurse [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm a student nurse coming up to the end of my first year. Im quite worried as I think I may have a phobia or some kind of anxiety towards veins. I know that it is not just needles or blood as I can give IM injections, removed cannulas and have dealt with blood... it is just the thought...

F1 student on OPT with dependent [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I am an Indian student who was on OPT for whole of 2005. I am married but have not claimed my spouse as dependent till now. When I file my returns this year, can I claim her as a dependent? She does not have SSN, so should I apply for an ITIN before filing my return. Since I am from India...

F1 student Tax problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am preparing Form 1040NR-EZ as F1 student for 2004. I am a citizen of People's Republic of China and I did not receive Form 1042S Form. I DONOT have Teaching or Research Assitantship or Fellowship or Scholarship. My position is just a wage payroll position as programmer on campus(in a...

View more questions Search