Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Apr 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Best Man being less than wonderful
    I'm getting married this Sat and my fiance's best man is being less than great.

It seems as though he's more excited about getting the "old group" back together for a free day of drinking than he is about us getting married. On top of that, his ex (who both have very strong feelings for each other) is also standing up in the wedding. She lives half way across the country and is flying in today for the wedding. She is staying with the best man while here. I asked her if she would be able to go out with me and my man of honor on Friday night for a little while after the rehearsal dinner. This way she can just stay over as we have to get up early in the morning to get our hair done (esp. since she doesn't have a car here)

Well the best man found out about and sent me a message asking me why I was "kidnapping" her for the night. That my day was Sat and not Fri night. I know that he was joking around in how he said it, but I know that he is upset that I'm "taking her away from him one night that she is here". He also mentioned something to my fiancé about how I was taking her on Fri night.

What do you think I should do in this situation? I think he's being selfish, but I don't want to cause any waves this close to the wedding.

Thanks

Shell
    vividdaze12 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Apr 2, 2008, 02:08 PM
    It is your day, your week your month. Any one who ever planned a wedding knows this. Let him deal with issues on his own time. She is there for you not this guy.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 03:06 PM
    He's being a snot.

Its OK to be really excited about getting the gang together... he doesn't have the same buildup you do... he isn't getting married. Sure, he's excited hopefully for your pending union... but excitement about a night out celebrating is normal within reason. Try to let this pass.

As for the ex you've asked to be with you... its your event, and asking her to be with you is not unreasonable. I understand his disappointment. If he persists being a jerk id tell him you understand he wants to see her, but that you need to get through the next couple of days and you need her support.

Honestly, I didn't have a clue about what the ladies in the party go through the day of the wedding with nails and hair and makeup... no clue at all.

So... do the best you can to relax, and if he persists ask your groom to step in for you and deflect the noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone say name of this wonderful song? [ 6 Answers ]

YouTube - Anuncio de Orange con una buena cancion

How do I get 'Mr. Wonderful' back? [ 5 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with 'Mr. Wonderful' for about 7 years. We fell for each other hard & fast. We moved in with one another within one month and he proposed marriage within 6 months (but I wasn't ready for that). He was/is hands down everything I've ever wanted in a man. I quit some jobs and...

If I am so wonderful, why am I still single [ 131 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Can someone please help me with this: I am an 23 year-old asian american, 5'4 130 pts with a beautiful face and cute figure. I attended a very good university, double major in Civil engineering and Accounting with an almost perfect GPA. I speak three languages with lots of...

Me and this wonderful girl but [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I know this girl. And I really like her. And she likes me a lot. And we've known each other for a while, but never really went out. Not friends. And not boyfriend and girlfriend. Yesterday I went to magic mountain with her and some of her friends. And I could tell she really liked me. She was...

View more questions Search