Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Apr 2, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Michael Walter Jones
    Hi all,

I am trying to locate the family of Michael Walter Jones. Michael is now deceased, some time in the 70s/80s. Michael married a Grace Le Cras (best guess is St Saviours church, Guernsey, CI). They lived next to my parents in the late 40s early 50s and emigrated to Vancouver, Canada. They had 2 girls Michelle and Sydney. Everyone knows that tracing female relatives is difficult at best, worse when they are 6,000 miles away.

I have just become a grandfather for the first time to Sydney. My parents pointed out that we already have a Sydney in the family (albeit a distant cousin) and I would like to trace the family. From checking BC genealogy website it looks like I have to wait 120 years for births, 75 years for marriages and 20 years for deaths to research online... is this correct? Does anyone have a link to a website that may assist? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints doesn't show any of the family.

Thanks

Colin
    1952Michelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Hi there. I was doing a search on my Dad's name and found your enquiry. My name is Michelle and Michael and Grace were my parents. I have a Brother, Sidney. I have joined this Ask me in order to respond to you. What info are you looking for?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Oct 17, 2008, 12:58 AM
    Hi Michelle, my post was a bit of a long shot, but hey it's paid off.

We are related through your maternal grand-mother Elsie. Elsie would have been my great Aunt.

My father and I have been building our family tree for about 5 years (on and off), and as snippets of information are found then off we go again.:)

What I would like is to bring your side of the family up to date. It is personal information, so if you would rather not, then that's fine.
    The information required is birth, marriage and any death dates, sounds quite morbid really:confused:. Any children, grand-children, etc with birth, marriage and any (God forbid) death dates.

If you email me at [email protected] I will email you a pdf file of the family tree as it is at the moment. I don't know if you are aware but your mother was 1 of 8 children, 3 boys and then 5 girls. Only Joy (her youngest sister) is still alive, and in relative good health for someone in their late 70's. Hope to hear from you soon.

Colin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chipper jones national mvp league award upper deck card [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me how much this is worth

Walter peyton [ 1 Answers ]

Where did he live? Is he still alive? If not what did he die from? Where was it, that he had the infamos, running mountain in his back yard?

Walter peyton [ 1 Answers ]

What years did walter peyton go to jackson state university?

Walter payton [ 1 Answers ]

Besides walter payton are other bears and patriots dead from super bowl xx?

View more questions Search