Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Apr 2, 2008, 07:08 AM
    How do I find a law that was passed in 1996 in city of Dayton, or State of Ohio
    I would like to know how to find the exact text of a law that was passed in Montgomery County, or the City of Dayton, Ohio or the State of Ohio. I don't know which. I know the law was passed in 1996. It's called the Vickie West Law. It's about a prostitue who has been HIV positive since 1993 and has been arrested over 60 times for prostitution since she has tested positive and she refuses to use condoms or inform her johns that she is HIV positive and has been jailed several tines over the years for this. They actually passed a law with her name because it is like intentional murder. But I've researched and I can't find the right sight to find it the law. By the way, she was just arrested again yesterday in Dayton, Ohio for prosititution after getting out of prison again. I want to know the law so that I can write to whomever is responsible for allowing her be out. You can read about it in
    Dayton Daily News | Dayton, Ohio, News and Information

This is outrageous and I'm going to make sure that someone is held accountable for this.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Lawriter - ORC maybe this site will help you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Dayton Prostitute Back In Jail Tuesday Night - News Story - WHIO Dayton it's called the Vickie West Law, maybe they need to tattoo it on her forehead HIV positive. The prisoners in one prison tattooed child molester on a sexual predator last year.

Apr 2, 2008, 07:29 AM
    I know about that. I read that article in the paper today. But it just refers to the law. It doesn't give the specifics of the law. I used to live in Dayton, and I knew this woman is deliberately infecting as many men as she can as she had stated it many times when she was arrested. That's why they passed the law, but I can't find the law. Last time I had heard about her was that she had been sentenced for like 20 years or something like that. So I want to know why or who is responsible for her being out of prison. That's why I want to find the law. Not the news article I read about it this morning.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Probably some dimwitted bureaucrat let her out of jail.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
    http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...d=13723&sid=35 here is a list of daytons laws& ordinances and here is daytons website. Official Site of The City of Dayton, OH

Apr 2, 2008, 08:50 AM
    IWhen I first started to read this article this morning, I thought" Oh it couldn't be Vickie West. Surelly they have sentenced her to life in prison by now." I was shocked when I found out it was HER!! This woman is deliberately infecting people hoping that they get infected. She's evil. Pure evil.
    Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I'm going to be writing to the Legislators there to try to make that a harsher felony. I'm also going to check to see if there is a law like this in my state of Texas.

Found out the sites and the codes Code Rev Code Ann 2903.11
    Lawriter - ORC - 2903.11 Felonious assault.
    It is a felony class 2

The punishment is
    Criminal Sentencing in Ohio | Ohio Sentencing | Felony Punishments
    It is punishable by 2-8years depending on how many times she gets caught. In the meantime, they keep letting her out and she keeps spreading the disease.

I wonder if other states have similar legistation.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Offender Details looks like she served all of her time that she was charged on, the site does not have any info on early release nor is hse on probation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobea
    IWhen I first started to read this article this morning, I thought" Oh it couldn't be Vickie West. Surelly they have sentenced her to life in prison by now." I was shocked when I found out it was HER!!! This woman is deliberately infecting people hoping that they get infected. She's evil. Pure evil.
    Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I'm going to be writing to the Legislators there to try to make that a harsher felony. I'm also going to check to see if there is a law like this in my state of Texas.

found out the sites and the codes Code Rev Code Ann 2903.11
    Lawriter - ORC - 2903.11 Felonious assault.
    It is a felony class 2

The punishment is
    Criminal Sentencing in Ohio | Ohio Sentencing | Felony Punishments
    It is punishable by 2-8years depending on how many times she gets caught. In the meantime, they keep letting her out and she keeps spreading the disease.

I wonder if other states have similar legistation.

Yes, NY does.
    The_Sarge19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2010, 05:08 AM
    FYI.. I did the proponent testimoney for the law you described in 1994 before Ohio General Assembly. Ohio Rep. Marilyn Reid introduced the bill, which included ORC 2907.25-Loitering to Solicit Prostitution, which paralled a similar City of Dayton (OH) ordinance:
    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.241

The "Vicki West Law" is included in ORC. 2907.24 (B) (Soliting Prostitution) 2907.241(B)-(Loitering) and 2907.25(B)- Prostitution.

Prior to this law being passed, Ohio had no higher penalty than a 3rd Degree Misd to deal with the increasing amounts of HIV Prostitutes. Ohio Rep. Marilyn Reid and I worked to introduce legislation making it a Felony to engage in Sexual Relations for Hire knowing you were HIV positive. We then created a mechanism that required HIV testing for those CONVICTED of the misd. Prostitution offenses, and tracking of the HIV Prostitutes. This process took a little more than a year to be passed through the entire Ohio Assembly and became law in 1995. Ironically, West was not the first prostitutes arrested under this law, it was another Dayton Prostitute arrested on Keowee St a few weeks after bill was signed into law. The law has resulted in hundreds of arrests of HIV Prostitutes being arrested after testing positive.

I hope this helps

Sgt. Kraig F. Kirves, Dayton Ohio PD (Retired)
    wendy1965 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 11:55 AM
    She was arrested yet again. http://fox45now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wrgt_vid_17673.shtml

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New law passed to protect attorneys [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a new law that just passed that will allow an insurance company to protect the attorney, by putting a lien on your settlement check. Even when the attorney has been fired, and sent a withdraw to the insurance agency. Is this a new law?

NY State/City tax papers - confused! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to do my own taxes this year and am completely confused with the NY state/city forms IT-150 and IT-201. I've had the maximum amount taken out of my paychecks all year. is it actually possible that I still owe? I've done it twice with turbo tax and have gotten 2 different amounts owed....

W2 State and City Wages Wrong - What do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm in a weird position. I have a W2 where the amounts shown in box 16 and 18, State and City Taxes respectively for New York State and New York City are not showing the right amounts. I can tell that the numbers are too low. I am a part resident in the state and city of New York - I moved here...

New Law Passed on Move Away Custody Issues [ 2 Answers ]

I was told yesterday that there was a new law that was just passed on move away cases involving child custody. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I am in CA, but this could have been a federal court ruling. The law stated something about Primary Custodian not having to go through court to move the...

NY State and City Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

Is a full time student at Columbia University considered resident for tax purposes for both NY and NY City ? Can the student claim being a resident of the State where he used to live before becoming a student ?

View more questions Search