Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margenal77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Am trying to convert my single sink bathroom to a double sink,
    I have a single sink in my bathroom at this point, am trying to put a double sink counter top on it. My question is if I have to put a double drain pipes or if I can put a T on the excisting one, same question for the hot, and cold water. Am just worried about the drain pipe hopefully you guys can answer my questions thank you very much guys.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 2, 2008, 07:17 AM
    my question is if i have to put a double drain pipes or if i can put a T on the excisting one, same question for the hot, and cold water
    You may connect the two tubs to one trap using a continuous waste,(see image). As for the water, simply swap your present angle stops for 1/2X1/4X1/4" angle stops,(see image) and pipe both supplies from there. To change out the stops, shut the water off and remove the old stops. Leave the 1/2" compression nut and ferrule and install the new angle stops using the old nuts. Simple, Huh? Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Replacing bathroom single sink with double [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing the bathroom vanity from a single sink to a double sink. Problem is that the current drain is in the middle of the vanity and I would like to maximize drawer space here. Can I move the existing trap parallel, against the wall and put a tee connection over this for the double sinks?...

Double Sink and Width of Sink Base [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE. My...

Replacing Sink Base, need a double sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE....

View more questions Search