Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrChevvy57 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Brides Mate
    Hello, I'm in a wedding on Friday as part of the wedding party. I'm very good friends with both the Bride & Groom.
    The Groom is having his brother as Best Man and I've been asked to stand with the Bride as the Brides "Mate" she informed me the other night that the technical name for my roll is "Brides Knight".
    Evidently in the old days the Bride would have a Knight with her that would lay his life on the line to protect her in any way.
    Does anybody know what I'm called and what I'm meant to do as a "Brides Knight".

Thanks.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 12:27 AM
    You don't say if you are male or female. If you are a female you are the Maid of Honour. I have never heard of a Brides Knight in a wedding party.
    Mom of 2 Posts: 449, Reputation: 90

Apr 2, 2008, 12:37 AM
    Yes, if you are a single female, you would be a Maid of Honor. If you are a married female, you would be a Matron of Honor. If you are a male, this is quite an honor, as brides usually have only females standing up with them.

The role of a Maid/Matron of Honor prior to the wedding would be to assist the bride in whatever she needs for you to do, whether it is to help with the errands, shopping, etc. During the wedding ceremony, you would stand next to the Bride as a witness and you would also sign the marriage certificate. You may need to make a speech at the reception, if there is one. Just be there for the bride in any way that she needs you to be. If you are a female, you will be forever with her wherever she goes, whether it is to go with her to the washroom to fix her makeup, etc. If you are a male, well, just try to be near her at all times just in case she needs you to do something for her. I wouldn't follow her into the bathroom though!!
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Apr 2, 2008, 07:31 AM
    I'm getting married this Sat (April 5th) and I'm having a guy stand up. He is called the "Man of Honor". He is my best friend and I couldn't have seen anyone else stand up but him.

One question I have for the OP is this: If the wedding is this Friday, shouldn't you have known before now what role you are playing in the wedding? If you have a question as to what you are to do, maybe you want to ask the bride what she expects of you on the wedding day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"what's the big deal?" about using the words "pimped out" in reference to Chelsea? [ 11 Answers ]

Some people don’t seem to think it is a big deal. Clinton Calls Shuster Comment Part of 'Troubling Pattern' | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search