Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emily21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Child Custody Jurisdiction
    I would like to know what state has jurisdiction over child custody modification case? The state that parent filing for modification lives where divorce was ordered in 2004, or the state that other parent and children have lived for almost 3 years.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 08:11 PM
    It is s.c HOME STATE.and depends on jurisdiction.
    There is lack of information in your post.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I agree with GV70.. the state where the order originated retains jurisdiction in all matters unless they give it away to another state. Federal unifomity law.
    moneyhungryxwif Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Apr 5, 2008, 09:09 AM
    Yeah the location where the case was handled retains jurisdiction but you can ask the courts for jurisdiction to be moved to another location been through that also, have to get an attorney to do it or it is almost impossible or will take forever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Father seeking child custody of an unborn child [ 8 Answers ]

How can I get partial custody to my unborn child? The mother refusing to name me as the father. I know I can file after the baby is born, but I want to be there for the birth of my child.

I want to give custody of my unborn child to the father before the child is born [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and wish to give custody to the father before the child is born

Child custody of an unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My question is concerning my sister, she moved to this state I live in now, only a year ago,to live with me, she got pregnant by some guy she was seeing, when he started beating her up she left him,(she was only 2 months pregnant at this time) now she's 7 months pregnant and we are moving back...

Child custody [ 1 Answers ]

How would I get back full custody froom my 2yr old daugther and from her father if his mother takes care of her day in and day out how can I get her back in my home with my other child

View more questions Search