Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twin2470 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Can a landlord tell you to sign an early lease termination or they will evict you?
    I am trying to figure out what to do. I asked her why and she said just because she don't want me here was the reply. Then some strange person knocked on my door asking for someone I don't know and I told this person that I didn't know the person they were looking for and closed my door. The next thing I know she is bangin on my door telling me I got to get out in 30 days because this guy gave her the finger and threatened her. I told her that I didn't know this person but she wouldn't listen because she said that the person said the new people at my apartment number and I honestly don't know this person but she later told me he was a drug dealer. So how can you resolve something when thy won't even listen to you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 06:43 PM
    You will have to give the experts of this forum more information on your situation in order to get some good answers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Do you have a written lease, if you have a written lease, it is doubtful that the housing court will allow her to evict you, but it will end up in court if she wants to push it. And I doubt she could evict you, if you gave her the finger ( not that you should)

So I would merely tell her if you have a lease, no, I am not giving up my lease and fight it in court.

If you don't have a lease but are on a month to month rental, she can ask you to leave anytime with a 30 day notice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord never had us sign new lease [ 3 Answers ]

When we originally moved into our apartment we signed a 2 year lease. Towards the end of the lease we verbally committed to staying in the apartment. The landlord decided to raise the rent and had his lawyer draw up a new 1 year lease. However he never dropped off the lease for us to sign. If...

Termination of Lease by Landlord [ 1 Answers ]

I am a co-signer on my daughter's apartment. She received a letter on 8/31/07 for noncompliance for noise/abusive behavior. Her "noisy' roommate left on 9/15/07. Another incident occurred on 10/20/07 where an univited guest showed up looking for the old roommate. My daughter then...

Early lease termination [ 6 Answers ]

The lease for my townhouse was for 1 year. The tenant has decided she wants to move out and break her lease agreement (with 6months to go). She gave me the 30 days noticed ( on March 5 along with the rent check for March that bounced). I am suppose to meet with her tomorrow to do an ‘exit walk’...

Early Termination On Lease [ 5 Answers ]

About two weeks ago, my landlord said he would allow me to vacate my apartment early due to my several "displeasures with my experience" and has an interested party who wanted to see the apartment . My displeasures would include 13 days without heat, being incorrectly over charged for utilities,...

What happens when landlord doesn't sign lease? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I'm in Austin, Texas. Moved into an apartment 6 weeks ago. Went through the lease with the agent, initialed and signed everything. I asked for a copy of the lease, and was told that the manager needs to sign it, and I should get it a copy in a few days. Fast forward... it's 6 weeks...

View more questions Search