Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Happy dog!
    Trink is finally coming off cage rest! The vet has said to start adding exercise in small increments (5 minute walks this week, then adding 5 more minutes per week, as long as Trink seems to handle it ok). And she is just ecstatic about getting to go on walks again! The vet actually said to do "calm gentle walks", which isn't in Trink's definition of a walk yet. But I figure that once she gets used to this again she will go back to being Miss Perfect on the walks, so I am not correcting her manners yet. She is just so keen to smell all the good smells and get the pavement underfoot! And she doesn't quite understand the "5 minute" part, either. She's just rarin' to keep on going when we get to the end of the street.

She does still show some symptoms, but they are much more mild and much less frequent, so I am hoping that she continues to improve with time. Heck, they are mild enough that I can live with her just stabilizing at this point.

Just thought I'd share.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Apr 1, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Good to hear Froggy! Glad to hear Trink is literally on the road to recovery.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Yay for Trink!

I'm sure you both must be so thrilled to be at this point of recovery - let's hope the rest passes quickly and you can be back to long, languid walks in the park!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be happy? [ 4 Answers ]

Over the last 3 years I have been having a tough time. I nearly lost my unborn twins as they suffered from twin to twin transfusion .After they where born 9 weeks early my partner left me soon after. This was a stressful time for me as I already had a daughter that was 7 at the time. All I want to...

Happy dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can dogs smile? Every time I rub my dogs belly and he rolls over, he opens his mouth and it looks like he is smiling. Is it possible?

Crying, happy dog? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Westie that is 1 1/2 years old. She is "fixed" and is generally a very happy, sweet little dog. She has a favorite toy -- a little stuffed bunny. She plays with all of her toys, but this bunny is her favorite. When it gets later in the evening, she runs around the house with the bunny in...

He is never Happy! [ 2 Answers ]

MY husband and I have been married for 2 years, It seems that no matter what I do or how I do it, it is never the right thing for him. I am currently attending college in a very competetive program which requires intense studying sometimes, I also work full time and have one school aged child. I...

Happy Passover, Happy Easter! [ 22 Answers ]

I just wanted to wish all my friends on the board greetings for the spring season... If you're Jewish like my family, a very Happy Pesach and Good Seder! If you're Christian, a very Happy Easter! If you have some other religious practice that I've missed, please add it here if you like,...

View more questions Search