Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Feb 8, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Title/Survey at Odds
    Is it unusual--

The Aerial photo/plat map used by the Tax Assessor's Office and the hand-drawn survey plat are a bit different. Like about 10 acres different.

The hand-drawn version seems to have the northern boundary line about 1/2 inch further south than the GPS/aerial plat.

When the property is resurveyed, will the Tax Commissioner accept it as valid for purposes of property taxes?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2006, 02:19 PM
    The actual deed has legal measurments on it. When property is surveyed they will take the physcial wording on the deed and measure your property. The maps ( either type) are not always correct but are general ideas of land boundries, Exact boundries are found by physically surveying the property using the information on the deed as recorded in the court house.

Now it should be closer than 10 acres difference, at times some items used as boundries, streams, or marks are moved, and other times the person doing the drawing may be off or makes a mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Survey [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a final year project about hygiene and who influences people to practice good food hygiene in their home. In this I'm doing a survey to collect results. So if you are interested please fill out the form. The survey is found at www.hygiene.netfirms.com

What are the odds? [ 15 Answers ]

Tonight I found out that a girl I know is pregnant. So I called to say hello and ask if she was doing well... bla bla bla. I asked if it was her other child's father, she says she hopes it is but she thinks its mine! Wow!! She's 6 weeks pregnant and she and I had a "one night stand" about 6...

Odds of Pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I've been on birth control for about 8 months and been taking it like I should; on time same time everyday, and I recently had sex with my fiancé. I was wondering what my odds of getting pregnant were 12-14 after my last period, even though I'm on birth control?

What are the odds? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I the other night kind of fooled around, and after a while she wanted to have sex. She had never had it before so her hymen wasn't broken. Well anyway it hurt too much for her so we stopped. I didn't have a condom and she wasn't on the pill. So I was wondering what were the odds...

View more questions Search