Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    challenge mather Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivables
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellis Sport Shop projects the following sales:

Ninety percent of Ellis' sales are on credit with 60 percent of receivables collected in the month after the sale and the rest of receivables collected in the second month after the sale. February sales were $60,000 and March sales were $70,000. In the past Ellis' bad debt percentage has been 0 and is expected to continue.
    (a) Prepare a monthly schedule of cash receipts for April-June.
    (b) What is the balance of Receivables at the end of June.

Feb Mar April May June
    60,000 70,000
    60% collected 50,000 60,000

I am stuck!
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 03:34 PM
    You need to be posting this over under Accounting & Finance. Despite the math involved here, it's actually an accounting question. (And us accounting people do indeed know how to do math.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Accounts Receivables [ 3 Answers ]

Galenti Company has accounts receivable of $92,500 at March 31, 2005. An analysis of the accounts shows these amounts. Balance, March 31 Month of Sale 2005 2004 March $65,000 $75,000 February 12,600 ...

Monthly schedule of cash receipts/balance AR [ 1 Answers ]

Ellis Sport Shop projects the following sales: Ninety percent of Ellis' sales are on credit with 60 percent of receivables collected in the month after the sale and the rest of receivables collected in the second month after the sale. February sales were $60,000 and March sales were...

Cash receipts journal [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. i.m using a cash reciepts journal.. and the transaction is... "recieved cash on account from wayne miller for chairs purchased may 25on s147 for $157.50, less discount (2%)." OK.. i.m so confused.. where does everything go?? Please help..

View more questions Search